“wonderful family owned”

Ranked #73 of 1,459 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Description: Pelon's Baja Grill specializes in fresh Mexican fare inspired by California Baja style preparations. When you walk in, we want you to close your eyes and feel the sand in your feet and smell the ocean in your nose. A Pelon's, we've taken the best slice of Cali and served it up in store. We've always taken the fresh approach to food, our veggies are green, our onions are potent and some customers report that our fish tacos are so fresh, that they've jumped out of the food, flopped around a little and then smacked them in the face. Enjoy your meal with guacamole and salsa that are made fresh daily. From tacos to tequilas, burritos and margarita's there's nothing quite like Pelon's. Fresh Baja Food. There's only one place to get it.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

absolutely fresh. made with all fresh ingredients small and intimate...with a couple of table outside on small patio

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Was considering ordering the chicken burrito, but with the menu having more creative names for their entrees, I accidently order the steak burrito. And I'm very happy I did. It was excellent. My wife got the chicken burrito and while it wasn't bad at all, I enjoyed mine much more.

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Has a skater feel to it. Food reminded me of Qdoba with more flavor. I like the fact that is perfectly priced to keep away the buffet crashers. I would come to it again.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We visited Pelon's several times on our recent trip to VA beach. Food was excellent and had a nice selection. Prices were a bit high compared to similar type grills out there, but again food was worth it. Conveniently located by the beach area as well!

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

The food has always been amazing. The fish tacos are soooo good. They have been working very hard to improve the quality of the service and it shows. Be sure and try the special sauces in the plastic bottles. The guac, salsa and queso combo is the freshest youll find.