“Cool vibe - but just okay”
Review of Bad Ass Coffee Co

Bad Ass Coffee Co
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The wife and I went here over the weekend and had a Groupon.

I ordered a Snowflake I think and the wife ordered a Coconut thing – I also got a Blueberry scone

Ambiance:
The place felt cool, very comfortable to hang out at. There were comfy couches and chairs as well as outdoor seating in front and back as well as a coffee bar. The place has an island/tiki vibe that is kind of cheesy but cool – I dig

Service:
Our service was great, the girl that took our order was super nice and helpful, however the other workers in the background all just seemed like they really didn’t care.. which I get.. I mean who likes going to work..

Product:
Coffee was okay, the latte’s were good but the scone was garbage, it was dry and didn’t have much flavor

Overall:
Cool place, If I were a local I would definitely find myself popping by on a lunch break or something to read a book some and have a latte but I probably would recommend the place to highly.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Bad As has good coffee and average breakfast fair foods. It's location is close to major Virginia Beach tourist areas. Prices are similiar to most coffee shops.

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

We went here for the 100% kona coffee. Unfortunately, all they had was the blend which was still good but still disappointing. All in all however we liked the coffee house and the menu looked good. We will return with the hope of 100% kona!

baddonkey, Owner at Bad Ass Coffee Co, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We always strive to live up to our reputation as the best coffee house in Virginia Beach. Our lack of Kona was due to circumstances beyond our control. The Kona farmer through which our franchise does business encountered a production/harvest challenge which resulted in a massive shortage of Kona beans available to all of the Bad AssCoffee franchises. Please stop by again in the near future and we hope your next visit will be 100% satisfactory.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Fast service, great food and even better coffee. This is not your typical trendy coffee shop. The Kona coffee was awesome and the "BadAxx wraps" were just right. Funny I cant put the name of the place in the review because it is profanity.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I saw a brochure for this place at my hotel, and we thought we would give it a try for a quick lunch. Nobody else was ordering food when we got there, so that made me think I shouldn't either, but I was starving and didn't want to find another place. I ordered the Mac Wrap that had chicken, macadamia nuts, maple dressing and lettuce on a whim. I was totally surprised at how good this combination tasted and was glad I hadn't left. I ordered a white chocolate and raspberry frozen coffee to go, and it was good as well.