“Your chain has lost us as loyal customers”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #210 of 1,459 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Called to make reservation, the girl on the other end of the line kept miss pronouncing my name even after I spelled it. Arrived and were told we had to wait 10-15 minutes. When our buzzer went off we were brought to a table that had not been cleared yet. Were left standing in the dinning room while hostess went back to her station. Were finally brought to another table. The server was attentive but the food was just plain lousy. My romain salad was a gloppy mess, to much dressing, Veal Marsala was tough not many mushrooms, Mushrooms appeared to be canned. Sauce was made from Base, no Marsala flavor. Wife's Veal Picatta tasted like caper brine. Daughter's pizza had 4 slices of pepperoni. This is sad because we have been going to Carrabba's for almost 20 years, but the food has gone progressively down hill. It has turned into a Mock Italian restaurant, a get them in get them out. Won't go back again, which is sad.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food at Carrabba's is always top notch. I sat at the "Pasta Bar" which is usually my first choice when travelling for business. Watching the cooks prepare their dishes makes me jealous. The meal and service by Samantha were both excellent.

Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Went with extended family for my wife's birthday. We had 8 people and I did call ahead. Within 15 minutes if our arrival (7:15 PM on a Friday) we were seated. The chicken trio, and the Johnny were fantastic as always. I tried something new for me and that was their Tilapia. What a great decision! Best fish I have had in a long time. But even better than the food was the service we received from our server Bobby. He was witty, charming, and very attentive to our table. He made us feel like we were the only table in the restaurant. The only drawback is he was a Ravens fan, but I guess everyone has at least one fault. Love Carrabba's, but especially the Va Beavh one!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We sit at the bar whenever we go and the bartenders give us amazing service. The drinks are good and the food is great!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

My wife and I eat here often. The food is very good and the servce is very good.The marsala sauce is the best around. It goes great with the pork chops, veal, steak and chicken My wife likes the sangria. We go at least once a month.