“Excellent Food, Excellent Service!”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #340 of 1,555 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Had a great meal there last night from the "design your own pasta menu." Got our meal exactly the way we wanted it. It was 1/2 price night for the wine too, so we ordered a great bottle of vino as well. Service was great. The food was great. It did not have the feeling of a chain restaurant. Would go there again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Good service though they were very busy. Good food. Nice atmosphere.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

This place has it's up's and down's.
1. atmosphere. Dark, very cozy, can get you sleepy at times, but you can draw on the tables and that is awesome.
2. service. You can get a good one or a bad one. Sometimes you are waiting an hour or more for food, other times it'll be quick. Tonight I was waiting forever, and the lady wasn't very friendly or frequent to our table. Though I had times where I was taken care of nicely.
3.food. It's Italian. you can't mess up Italian. Though this place is always average. It's not the best but eh...you're not exactly paying a high price for the food anyway...
4.price. Cheap. Most things are around the 10-20 dollar range. Though what angered me, though I didn't say anything, was the fact that they charge automatic gratuity. that's an automatic drop in score for me sorry.
over all macaroni grill is only worth it's bread, and everything else is just average.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

We had the lobster ravioli and it was outstanding. It's nice to go to a restaurant and when you are finished with your plate another server comes by to pick them up and even the manager came by and took our desert order as she just stopped by to see how dinner was. Excellent wine, bread, dinner and desert. My husband had the cannoli and said they were nice. I had the Lemon cake and it was light and not heavy.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Good service excellent food specially my favorite Mama's Trio! Been here several times and all the time have good experience.