“Delicious, Friendly & 1-of-a-kind: Don't pass by this Local Gem!!!”
Review of Glory's Bakery

Glory's Bakery
Ranked #7 of 32 Bakeries in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Filipino
Reviewed August 5, 2016 via mobile

Happy to have moved to Virginia Beach this summer: glad to be out of the main tourist zone and near the awesome Town Center. BUT I regret the # of times I turned off Virginia Beach Blvd , north on Aragona Blvd and sat at the red light at Witchduck and thought Glory's was closed!!!!!
As it turns out, the curtains & frosted glass are there to protect this remarkable Filipino Bakery from the heat of the morning sunshine! WOW - so glad I ventured in after getting gas at the 7-11 next door.
I was shocked that the small seating area was almost full @ 5:30pm on a weekday (they close at 6:00). Besides that, 4 customers were ahead of me for take-out orders.
After you visit and decide what entrees or baked delicacies you want, call ahead and they'll put them aside for you
to pick up by 5:45pm. Otherwise, you risk mostly empty cases after work: yes, it's that popular! The Samosas, fruit turnovers, Pull-apart Apple/Cinnamon Bread, sweet rolls & the baked meat filled buns were outstanding, among other treats. Hooray for another great LOCAL business!

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank Rhapsodic07

Reviewed June 30, 2016 via mobile

My wife grew up in VA Beach. She brought me for lunch a couple of years ago. Every time we come back we come get pepperoni bread. Delicious!

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed June 23, 2016 via mobile

This may be the only filipino bakery in Virginia Beach. If not, I'm unaware of another. Love that it's small, local and been in operation by same family for years. After around a dozen visits over a decade it's time to weigh in.

Located around one mile off S. Independence Blvd and just off Witchduck. The building is plain, but a small sign is present. Parking directly in front and scarce. However, I have never had issue with locating a spot. The lot and walks are always clear of debris.

Once you walk in the wonderful smell of bread hits you Service is straight forward, probably because most of the staff speak native filipino language. But communicating is good for ordering. My experience has been with a few products, never lunch items. Prices are excellent! All items made fresh in their bakery. Most customers order to go, but a few tables are present. Bottled drinks in cooler only.

My favorite go to is the pepperoni roll. This is what most know them for They will warm it up for you upon request and provide marinara dipping sauce which is a must! I've had other bread items that have been a miss for me. Ensemada strawberry bread is an example of a miss, it just seems stale.

I have returned over the years because of the pepperoni roll. A 3.5 seems more fitting, but I can't get to a 4. I would still recommend.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed April 27, 2016

I ordered ahead to pick up and take home for a family dinner. My lumpia, Pancit and Pepperoni bread were awesome!!! I am never disappointed getting food from Glory's.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed March 16, 2016 via mobile

Great authentic filipino food. Must trys include, lumpia, pepperoni bread, pancit and their fresh baked pandasol. This is an out of the way, hole in the wall. No need for updated signage outside, this bakery is so well known in the community that their best advertisements is word of mouth. No nonsense customer service staff. They do not go out of their way to meet and greet you. But, if you are looking for delicious filipino food at a very reasonable price, this is the place to go in Virginia Beach.

Date of visit: March 2016