“Not welcome changes!”

Richmond
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not welcome changes!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My fiancé and I ate here on our 3 past trips to VA beach and absolutely loved it, so when we went back this year we knew we had to eat there. Sadly, they have combined Pi with two other restaurants and this had dropped the quality if food and service. When we arrived, we saw that there was a little bit of a line so I approached the hostess to find out about the wait. She advised me to go next door to their other restaurant because it's the same menu and they would seat us faster. Since we didn't understand that they had combined restaurants, we kind of just hung back and tried to figure out what we would do for dinner now. We then watched the hostess take 2 groups of people and seat them immediately on the patio. I approached the hostess again, and asked how long the wait would be. She told me she would go inside and check. When she came back out, she told me it would be a few minutes, and we said we'd wait. Then, the hostess asked the couple behind us if they would like to sit outside or inside (an option we didn't get), and she sat them immediately on the patio. After this, I realized that there weren't any black people on the patio, and my fiancé is black, so sadly, it's my only assumption that the hostess didn't want any black people or an interracial couple eating on their patio. Once we were finally seated inside, we found it loud, crowded with little space between the tables, and the menu was completely different. The sandwich my fiancé loved so much from Pi was now only offered for lunch, and much of the food seemed overpriced. I had minestrone soup which was listed as vegetable soup on the menu, but came full of noodles- which I don't eat. The changes they have made to Pi aren't good ones, and your money is better spent elsewhere.

• Visited July 2013

Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food poor service”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Our food was fine but the service was ridiculous. We weent on a thursday and ate at 5 to beat the rush. Pizza showed up 5 min before kids meals and drinks ere never refilled. Appetizer finally showed up after main course was deivered. Everything was delicious but the service was an emabarassment.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank NnMmjj
“Decent food, poor service, pricey.”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Overall the food was pretty good. The service was very poor amd slow. It was also a little on the pricey side.

• Visited August 2013
Boonsboro, Maryland
“Just So-So”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Pi-zzeria was just across the street from Ocean Beach Club where we stayed so it was easy to get there. We only tried the pizza and had a salad. We were underwhelmed after all the hype it got at the Ocean Beach Club and in all the Virginia Beach books. The pizza and salad were average at best with some family members saying they'd had better pizza at Sam's Club. Service was OK. It was fun to watch the guys pressing out the pizza dough and getting the pans ready for baking. Too bad the pizza wasn't as fun to eat.

Visited July 2013
Long Beach, New York, United States
“Good”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

It was a block or so from our hotel, so we gave it a shot. I love Italian food and I thought this was pretty good. Pasta was fresh and sauces were good. I thought the prices were what I would expect from a tourist town. Only negative: they charged you for the bread.

• Visited July 2013