“Good food in close spaces”

Nick's Hospitality Restaurant
Ranked #151 of 1,559 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My husband and I visit Va Beach several times a year and have passed by Nick's many times. We probably looked at it and had some concerns. Our hotel staff recommended it to us as a local's favorite so we tried it.

We walked in and it was very crowded. We had to wind our way to a table through very tight spaces. The inside has seen better days and in need of some TLC.

The service was friendly and fast, in spite of the restaurant being very crowded and busy.

My husband ordered the daily special, a whole lobster, and I ordered the lump crab meat and butter (I'd seen it on the way to our table). My husband loved the lobster and savored every bite. The crab meat and butter was good but was a little dry and crunchy, I had to request extra butter. The sides, we both chose cole slaw and fries, were average. The hush puppies, brought ahead of time, were hot, fresh and very good.

We enjoyed the food, and it was priced reasonably for what we had. However, the atmosphere and tight quarters weren't quite what we expected. I expect that we will base our decision on whether to eat here again on how busy it is at the time.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Locals mostly like me since moving to beach in Nov. '11. Recommended by a local. Atmosphere is zilch but seafood is great. Have seen tourists look in door and back out; their loss.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Love Nick's delicious Greek Salad with Shrimp! It's one of my favorite salads. Big juicy boiled shrimp on top of a bed of lettuce, feta cheese, olives, onions, cucumbers and an Italian dressing that makes it hard to beat. We love it!

Reviewed April 4, 2012

I've been eating at this restaurant for 30 years. I moved from Va. Beach about 10 years ago yet I still return to Nick's when I get a yearning for excellent seafood. This place definitely has that 'hole in the wall' appearance - no frills anywhere! Yet if you are looking for a great seafood meal, Nick's is the place. The wait staff is the best and always seem to be able to handle a crowd. There are typically specials offered with a good choice of sides. And the hush puppies are very tasty.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

I friend took me to Nicks for lunch the other day who lives at the beach and said it was one of his favorite restaurants, but it's definitely a locals spot. Had the blackened tilapia lunch special for $7.00 and couldn't believe the size of the fish. Sometimes blackened means way over seasoned or too hot, but this was perfect. Along with 2 sides, what a deal. It's easy walking distance from the the board walk, but definitely not fancy. Swim suit & t-shirt is perfect. If you want a great meal for a great price, this is your place.