“A great little place”

Dining options: Reservations
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“A great little place”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

After recently doubling in size, this restaurant continues to surprise. It has the best paninis anywhere. A friend and I shared a full-size panini and a full-size salad and my wife selected from a daily special. The portions are always large, delicious, and filling. The waitstaff were attentive. The owner is frequently seen talking to customers in the dining room. This is great Itialian food. Did I mention that the bake shop has a wide array of tempting treats? It is hard to believe that a place like this is located in a strip shopping mall.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Earl C

“Ok restaurant- more like bakery”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I decided to try this restaurant after seeing it on diners drive ins and dives...and buying a living social deal. The restaurant is tucked into a strip center and bigger than it looks on the outside. The pastry cases looked phenomenal and I would like to try all. One section has biscotti, one all cookies, one with slices of cakes and pies and another with assorted pastries...huge selection. The menu is small. I had beef panini ( featured on the show) that was good but lots of bread - my friend had the eggplant Parmesan that she said was good but nothing special. Food is a little pricey . Not sure I would go back for lunch or breakfast without a coupon or deal, but I will g back to try the pastries.

Visited May 2013
Virginia
“Food edible...service slow”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

On May 11, 2013 after a friend mentioned this restaurant was featured on TV, I decided to take my daughter and a friend out for a late lunch. When we arrived there were two other tables occupied so it was not that busy but throughout our time there service was rather slow. We had to interrupt a conversation the waitress was having with guests at one of the tables (after several minutes) to request the check. The food was good but not great. I had the vegetable panini. The desserts looked very good but we passed. I am a little surprised this place was featured on TV as it seemed very ordinary. I also DID NOT appreciate the fact that you can not add the tip to your credit card...tacky!

• Visited May 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Very disappointed!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I decided to try this restaurant after seeing it on TV and purchasing a Living Social Deal. We were extremely disappointed in both the food and service. We went on a Saturday afternoon for a late lunch, restaurant was about half full. Our waitress came to our table to drop off menus and to take our drink order. After a long wait for our drinks to arrive, she quickly asked if we were ready to order. She didnt bother to tell us about their specials. We ordered the fried ravioli for an appetizer and the Florintina and Michaelangelo Masterpiece paninis. The ravioli came out first, then my panini about 1 minute later. My husband had to wait atleast 10 minutes for his sandwich to arrive, which was cold. The quality of the food was mediocre, definitely not worthy enough to be feautured on TV. Once our food was delivered, we never saw our waitress again. One of her co-worker's noticed we had finished our food and was patiently waiting for our check. We received our check only to find out that they only accept cash gratuities - lucikly I had some cash on hand, but I feel it would be wise for the restaurant to advertise prior to entering.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank katk984
Yorktown, Virginia
“Would like to go back!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We traveled a good distance and decided to give this place a try. The desserts taunt you as soon as you arrive! Wow! What a display. Our server was somewhat slow and not very friendly but we didn't let that interfere with our evening. We shared a bowl of cream of mushroom soup, a fried mushroom appetizer and the Mediterrian pasta. All were very good! The only comment I have is I was expecting the olives in the pasta to be pitted. Almost broke a tooth! We ordered dessert to go and ate in within a few hours. Delish! We felt bad as we were leaving because we were not aware we could not leave a tip on our credit card. I wonder why they have this rule? I now see i mentioned in a previous review. We would like to return and try other menu items as well.

• Visited April 2013