“great locals place”

Princess Anne County Grill
Ranked #414 of 1,559 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The staff here are so friendly, and funny too. The food is good, portions are generous, and it's very affordable. I love bringing in my out of town friends.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stopped and had lunch on a Friday while shopping for tomatoes from the Farmer's Market. I wish now I had stopped in long ago. This was my first time but the wife had been before and recommended it. The place is not fancy and has the small diner type feel but the food was fantastic! Our severers were great and very friendly.

I had the soup of the day which was New England Clam Chowder. A good sized bowl and was tasty but I'm not sure if it was canned or not. We shared a plate of French Fries and gravy, very large portion and great gravy. The wife had the Courthouse Club, it looked great and she said it tasted great.

I got the Blue Plate special; on Friday's it's Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans. I was surprise at the size of the portion of meatloaf. It was very moist and it all tasted fantastc. These were real potatoes; not instant, with again the great gravy on the potatoes and meatloaf. I was quite full by the time I finished. I was very happy with the whole meal and I know I will be having lunch there again. For a small diner the Blue Plate special is a great bargan and great food. I will have to try other items there too!

1  Thank shellback98
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Wonderful friendly staff and great food. It's a local favorite and worth the drive inland. Hometown food at really good prices. You have to stop and get the meatloaf

2  Thank Stacie W
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Blue plate specials @ $5.99 every day. More than enough for the average person, Even though it is off the beaten path it is worth a visit if you are going to be in Virginia beach several days. My favorites are Chicken and dumplings with corn bread made from scratch on Saturday and "Thanksgiving Dinner" on Sundays: Turkey, mashed potatoes (real not powder), green beans, and a roll; $5.99!

2  Thank evanjva1Usa
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed June 21, 2008

Not a bad diner, but they are always out of half their menu items every time we go. Also wish they were open longer.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook