“Perfect Beach Breakfast Place”

DOC Taylor's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 1,457 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I love breakfast places, and Doc Taylor's is undoubtedly among the best! Mostly classic breakfast, brunch, and lunch items, but all cooked perfectly. I ordered the Flatliner and Sweet Potato Pecan pancakes, and my friend ordered the Ray Ray and Doctor Tuttle's French Toast, all of which I'd highly recommend. Prices were certainly reasonable. Service was great. Atmosphere was relaxed, with interesting things to look at inside its beach house location. Free parking lot in the back. We arrived at 10 am, and there was a 45-minute wait. But it was no big deal, as we ordered mimosas and bloody Marys at the bar (decent, considering they were only $2.50 each!) and drank them outside on the restaurant's lawn chairs.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We met up with extended family for a relaxed breakfast in the screened in porch area. The restaurant was hopping and although we had to wait a little for a table, once inside our waitress was quick to take our orders. Of the several orders at our table, I ordered the Eggs Benedict. The eggs were poached perfectly and the hollandaise was served with a bit of spice over toasted English muffins.
I found this a fun local spot, close to the beach to get a delicious breakfast. Highly recommend and would suggest making reservations for faster seating.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

This place is only open for breakfast and lunch. They do a brisk business, we had to wait about 15 min to be seated, but it was definitely worth the wait. The food was tasty, well prepared and well presented. The restaurant was packed and a little busier than I might have liked, but once we were seated we got our food very quickly. I would definitely come back.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Just a nice place. Service good. Food good. Didn't have any gourmet breakfast items so I cannot comment with rave reviews.

1  Thank Jonahjohn
Reviewed May 17, 2014

This restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch only. Service was fast even though both times I ate there the place was packed. I had the healthy fixings which was granola pancakes, eggs and fresh fruit. I also tried their hashbrowns and cheesy grits. All of the food was very good. It was hot and fresh. Food comes out very quickly. They have a bar in there if you want a drink. You can get breakfast or lunch whatever time you eat. I highly recommend this place. The price was great too. Huge amount of food for around 10 dollars, not including tip or drink. Great for those on a budget. Little hard to find. It is a house with a small sign out front. There is limited parking in the rear, but it is so busy you may have to sit and wait on someone to leave to get a spot.