“The kind of place you hope to find on vacation, but wish it was in your hometown.”
Review of Gringo's Taqueria

Gringo's Taqueria
Ranked #132 of 1,427 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I was on vacation and asked some locals where to eat. They said Gringo's is where the locals go. I can see why, this place is outstanding! Best fish tacos I have ever had anywhere. I also highly recommend the salsa sampler. I will be sure to eat at Gringo's every time I am in Virginia Beach. I want to try everything on the menu!

• Visited July 2013

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Tasty and Comfortable”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Gringo's is one of my favorite places to eat fresh mex food in a casual and welcoming environment. I could eat there everyday of the week, and sometimes I do, lol.

• Visited April 2014
Delaware
“Bland and expensive”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I went here with my family after reading all the reviews, and boy were we disappointed! First of all the place is tiny so you're packed in the sardines, the food is very overpriced, and the food looked great but was bland. We order fish tacos (5.95 each) and it tasted liked fried batter in a tortilla! I ordered the shrimp burrito (12.95 each) and it was stuffed with white rice and black beans with two shrimps inside, yes two whole shrimp!!! We will never return to eat here, a big waste of money. You're better off going to Chipotle or an authentic Mexican restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank DelawareMamaof3
Vienna, Virginia
“Great Margarita!”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I wasn't totally blown away by Gringo's as some people have been. It certainly fits the 'hole in the wall' genre, and thus claims a degree of charm and insider status for it's customers. I always admire and respect the enthusiasm and energy of the folks working to make these places succeed, and that was certainly true at Gringo's. On the other hand, I found the food kind of mediocre (chicken was a bit chewy), menu limited, and the prices on the high side for what you get. But the chips and salsa were very good, and the margaritas were worth the visit.

• Visited April 2014
Virginia Beach
“So good I'm afraid to tell everyone!!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is a very small little place near the oceanfront...totally charming! It is so unpretentious that you will be blown away by the quality of the food. From the amazing and delicious salsa and chips, awesome fresh-made guacamole, refreshing margarita (made from scratch) to the best fish tacos I've ever had anywhere! My husband enjoys the Carne Asada Bowl and also the Carne Asada Burrito. When I can take myself away from the fish tacos I have also enjoyed their Pollo Asada Burrito.
We sent our son and daughter-in-law a few months ago. They were concerned when we said it was an awesome little "hole in the wall"...but guess what...they have practically "camped out" at Gringo's ever since.
Evie the chef and owner is delightful as is Fabian and all of the staff. Could not ask for better service.

• Visited March 2014