“Bland and expensive”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Delaware
“Bland and expensive”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I went here with my family after reading all the reviews, and boy were we disappointed! First of all the place is tiny so you're packed in the sardines, the food is very overpriced, and the food looked great but was bland. We order fish tacos (5.95 each) and it tasted liked fried batter in a tortilla! I ordered the shrimp burrito (12.95 each) and it was stuffed with white rice and black beans with two shrimps inside, yes two whole shrimp!!! We will never return to eat here, a big waste of money. You're better off going to Chipotle or an authentic Mexican restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank DelawareMamaof3

Vienna, Virginia
“Great Margarita!”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I wasn't totally blown away by Gringo's as some people have been. It certainly fits the 'hole in the wall' genre, and thus claims a degree of charm and insider status for it's customers. I always admire and respect the enthusiasm and energy of the folks working to make these places succeed, and that was certainly true at Gringo's. On the other hand, I found the food kind of mediocre (chicken was a bit chewy), menu limited, and the prices on the high side for what you get. But the chips and salsa were very good, and the margaritas were worth the visit.

• Visited April 2014
Virginia Beach
“So good I'm afraid to tell everyone!!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is a very small little place near the oceanfront...totally charming! It is so unpretentious that you will be blown away by the quality of the food. From the amazing and delicious salsa and chips, awesome fresh-made guacamole, refreshing margarita (made from scratch) to the best fish tacos I've ever had anywhere! My husband enjoys the Carne Asada Bowl and also the Carne Asada Burrito. When I can take myself away from the fish tacos I have also enjoyed their Pollo Asada Burrito.
We sent our son and daughter-in-law a few months ago. They were concerned when we said it was an awesome little "hole in the wall"...but guess what...they have practically "camped out" at Gringo's ever since.
Evie the chef and owner is delightful as is Fabian and all of the staff. Could not ask for better service.

• Visited March 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Phenomenal tacos!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

This is definitely a local secret "hole in the wall" type of Mexican place. They make their own sour mix for margaritas and the tuna/mushroom tacos are out of this world. Truly amazing and my new favorite VA Beach Mexican joint.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Average”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I had the queso dip as an app and chicken taco for my meal. The food was good (nothing crazy special) but was pricey for what it was in my opinion.

• Visited June 2013