“Great little place, and I do mean little.”
Review of Gringo's Taqueria

Gringo's Taqueria
Ranked #132 of 1,428 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Jacksonville, FL
“Great little place, and I do mean little.”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Met some friends here and literally turned around and walked out because I thought I was lost. It is a very small place, maybe 30 seats. Their tacos and service are amazing! Their wasabi sauce is amazing and I'm going back the next time I'm in Virginia.

2 Thank efletch3

MD
“Great little find, best Taco's ever”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We were visiting the beach after moving away 14 years ago and met with some friends who recommended this place as the best place for tacos. Our friends were oh so right; my wife had the Yubi's pork, I had the Baja fish and Tuna with mushroom (could not decide) all were delicious. This was the best fish taco I have ever had; the tuna was just as tasty. Could not tell you about the Yubi’s pork because my wife would not share a bite, so it must have been good.
As others have indicated, this would be considered a “local dive” but don’t let the outside fool you. The taco’s ran $5 to $6.5 but all were made fresh to order with just as fresh ingredients. The Margaritas are pricey but again made from fresh fruit juices and high-end tequila and liquor, good selection of beers as well. Table next to ours had a burrito do not know if I could finish it, it was huge. Worth the trip when coming to the beach. We are going to make a special trip to eat here again.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Wheatjam
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Delicious but pricey.”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Everything is freshly made here. Menu is somewhat limited but the blackboard specials offer more choices. Authentic food with a lot of attention to spices and herbs. A hole in the wall restaurant that qualifies as a "dive". There are additional tables in the hallway but the place fills up fast. Go early or go late because in-between times can be very busy.

Be prepared to spend more than you expect because the food, while very good, is quite expensive for Tex-Mex, which is usually quite reasonable.

• Visited August 2011
Keswick, Virginia
“Baja in Virginia”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Gringo's is a little off the beaten path at the beach, but definitely worth the visit if you are a fan of baja style tacos. The fish tacos are perfect! They are what you think a fish taco should be. There were also raves about the shrimp tacos and the meat ones: carrne asada and Yubi's pork. A member of our party that was a regular had the fresh grilled tuna burrito with pinapple salsa and loved it. This is a hole in the wall....but the food is awesome. There is hardly any seating (don't know how crowded this place gets in season, as it is off season now). They have freshly squeezed margaritas and good chips and salsa. Guacamole was mexican style (which translates to good). This place is a keeper. I'm still craving the fish tacos!!!

• Visited March 2012
Va Bch
“Stumbled upon this hidden gem!”
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We have passed this place many times on our way to the beach, and finally decided to give it a try. WOW, I'm so glad that we did!!! I was a bit apprehensive because of the location. It is one restaurant among several businesses in the building. There are not very many tables, but each and every one of them was full, so that should tell you just how good everything is. We ordered the fish tacos (which were probably the best we've ever had) and a buritto. Let me tell you--the buritto was HUGE!! Stuffed full of great fillings.

There were alot of people calling in orders and getting take out, so it is obviously a locals favorite being a bit off the main drag of the oceanfront. I know that we will be making this a regular stop from now on when we are headed down to the oceanfront...