“Great Ice Cream in Town”

Bruster's Ice Cream
Ranked #25 of 51 Dessert in Virginia Beach
Reviewed May 3, 2014

This is an awesome place to get a good ice cream cone. The service is really slow, but awesome ice cream. They also have kid cones as well.

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Bruster's is a great place for homemade and tasty ice cream. I have been here many many times and each time I leave happy. They have a wide variety of flavors and other options, too, for example they serve apple dumplings (never tried them though). The best time to go is when they're making their waffle cones- the smell is heavenly! If you're in the area you must give this place a try.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Located on an unattractive stretch of one of the busiest roads in Virginia Beach. I would not come here for the ice cream, but I have and will stopped here when I've been here for some other reason. Service usually is slow, but friendly. Very nice selection of items. Prices are average -- think a little less than Coldstone but a little more than skinny dip. Everything I've ever had here has been good. They do have a decent place to sit outside with your ice cream, at least some of which is shaded, which is very nice since summers tend to be unbearably hot here. If I could have given this 3.5, I would have.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

brusters still has good ice cream and i def recommend it. between this store and the one on indian river and kempsville we preferred this store near pembroke. things could've changed at the indian river store, but the service kept going down for the most part depending on the person mostly at the indian river store, but this pembroke location has been consistently good for years for the times we've visited. their chocolate raspberry truffle is awesome! the indian river store would reduce the chocolate in the truffle and that was another reason we started visiting this pembroke store and we've never had a prob with the choc-rasp-truffle there at all. we just got an ice cream cake their recently and it was still good, but the depth of taste is not what it used to be like the ice cream in the cake and the cake is too generic/bland. they need to change that around or we won't be buying ice cream cakes in the future. when we first got them at either store wayyyyy back, they were much richer in taste. other than that prob, the rest has been good. sometimes ya get a ditzy server, but the next time you'll get a totally star server and that makes up for the ditz. definitely check out the ice cream at this place. mmmm...

Reviewed April 1, 2012

I am a huge fan of this ice cream business! I first learned about it in Harrisonburg, Virginia, but it is great to know that they are all over the U.S.! We also like the one in Dothan, Alabama. I really like that if they see you with doggies, they will give you a free pet bowl with vanilla ice cream.

Great quality ice cream sundaes and ice cream by itself!