“"Our Place"”
Review of Zia Marie

Zia Marie
Reserve with OpenTable
Zia Marie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #149 of 1,452 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Cross street: Seaview Avenue
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I found this place here on TA about 8 months ago looking for a "romantic" restaurant in Virginia Beach. We immediately dubbed this "our place". We went back last night, got seated (ironically without even asking) in the same place, in front of the fireplace, and had a great time. The wait staff is personable and friendly, food is plentiful and delicious, and ambiance is quiet and romantic. DEFINITELY a do-again.

2  Thank Michelle C

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I've been many times, always excellent, great atmosphere. Owners are great as well. Nice, quiet, intimate place for a night out.

1  Thank VaBeachTed
Reviewed November 7, 2012

get the stuffed eggplant or the veal. the food is really good - portions are big enough to take some home!

2  Thank wendymp
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We thought we would try this place because it had such good reviews and we love mom and pop type restaurants. After ordering our food we got bread that was obviously frozen loafs. It was warm on the outside and still cold in the middle. I ordered what i thought was going to be a plate of spicy shrimp and pasta which consisted of very bland canned sauce over cold noodles and rubbery shrimp. 7-count for about 17 bucks! The place is only in business because people in the area like the idea of a mom and pop joint! Trust me, you'd be better off with a chain Italian place in this area! Theres not exactly a high number of successful mom and pop restaurants especially Italian joints in this area! Service (drink orders and such) was extremely slow yet the food came out within 5 minutes literally of ordering. Tell me how dishes can be prepared fresh in 5 min? They cant! And the taste and quality of the food proved the main device to prepare the sub-par food! Their microwave! We wasted one of only a few date nights that we can have together on this restaurant! Shame on you for robbing us with a $55 check! Extremely disappointed and highly don't recommend! By the way, this is the first review of a restaurant I have ever done!

4  Thank Dropped98
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Its been awhile since I have been here but I remember it being a reliable place for good food. Service is good. Atmosphere is nice.