“Super Comfy Bed”

Westin Virginia Beach Town Center
Ranked #34 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Stayed here for a week long training class. The hotel is beautiful inside. I never made it to the bar but I was told they had a great happy hour with 1/2 price appetizers and $3 glasses of wine. The restaurant looked lovely as well. I ordered room service; Blackened scallops with goat cheeese stuffed ravioli - fantastic. Huge workout room (could probably use a few more pieces of equipment) but I went at odd hours and never had to wait. Windows all the way around made the workout so much better. My 9th floor room had plenty of windows and a side reading/seating area. The bed was incredibly comfortable - I slept so well. Big bathroom with a seperate shower and bath. I had a corner room and was told it was one of the larger rooms. Restaurants/shoppping all within walking distance. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Almost forgot - they had a "Why not Wednesday" (I believe that's what it was called). In the open area between the hotels the local restaurants set up booths to try their fare and purchase entree's. There were also various vendors set up as well - all that and live music too!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank tmoulas
WestinVBManager, Manager at Westin Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2010

Thank you for you sincere comments we are happly happy you felt a sense of renewal with our Westin Heavenly Beds and enjoyed our fabulous location in Town Center.

Reviewed August 14, 2010

Buyer beware. DO NOT PREPAY FOR YOUR ROOM HERE! We reserved & pd. in full in advance on-line. After the amount for the full room chrgs. cleared they went & chrgd. my credit card again for a so called "room deposit" Why? Then at check in they tried to chrg. for the full amount of the room again. One person in the party arrived before the others and they chrgd. that persons credit card twice for incidentals and then again chrgd. the original credit card for incidentals. Try getting this straightened out and getting your money back. Customer service was horrible, front desk and several people that answered the phone were rude. Room was nice, hotel in good location but not worth the aggravation and financial stress. The nearby Hilton Garden Inn is far superior.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends

Thank You for your comments on the issues you had with your prepaid reservaion. We have retrained our associate to eliminate this service issue. We thank you for helping us improve our service.

Reviewed August 4, 2010

The staff needs training because some of them appear incompetent. If you are looking for a place to stay and feel safe I wouldnt recommend because they give access to anyone to the rooms. The lobby was cleaned. I passed a few employees in th lobby during my stay and not one greeted me. The bartender was nice dont remember her name. Also went to the restaurant the hostess was on her phone and completely ignored us. Nice location because it is close to the beach but I didnot feel welcome. I am shocked at these reviews maybe half the ppl that full these out do not go out that often

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
cthomashealy, Manager at Westin Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2010

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay on 8.04.10. We continue to train our associates on Westin Service Culture to improve our service delivery.

Reviewed July 30, 2010

We booked at this property over 4th of July weekend and we really liked it since it was away from the beach area, yet near alot of restaurants and the mall. They offer valet parking for $24/day which was awesome for us. The staff was very friendly. The property is pet friendly and when we arrived, they didn't even ask us to fill out any info about our dog or anything - they just said go on up to your room. The room was nicer than some other hotels we'd been too - amazingly clean, nice large bathroom and shower, the bed was super comfortable, albeit the pillows were way too soft. Very little noise from the other rooms so we slept well. It had a refrigerator in the room which is a big plus for us, but no mini bar. We had a great view over the city from our room as well. They have a little restaurant off of the lobby - for breakfast they offer a buffet or a bigger menu - nothing to rave about as the service was a little slow, the food was fair and the coffee was very strong. The pool was nice and clean - it was a chlorine/salt water combo and you didn't have the strong smell of chlorine or the clammy feeling of chemicals on you - only you had to go through the gym in order to use the restroom and we didn't want to drip on the carpet. We invited my mother in law over to swim in it - she lives in the area - and the valet didn't charge her to park her car - which we really appreciated since she's handicapped. Also, we asked them for later maid service in the morning and they had no problem complying. All in all, the next time we are in Virginia Beach, we will definitely be booking there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jmartor
GMTB, General Manager at Westin Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2010

JMARTOR
We were excited to hear about your wonderful stay with us over the 4th of July holiday. We will share your comments with our team both to celebrate as well as to improve on the restaurant challenges you mentioned.

Thank you again for sharing your observations. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights for vacation. We stayed with 2 children. The room was enormous. Clean comfortable. Dual shower heads. Comfortable beds. Would stay again. There is a star bucks and resturant in the hotel along with lots of resturants around the surrounding area. I will say that traveling with children I did not see alot at this hotel and the surrounding area, It was more couples. But we traveled to beach daily. The beach is about 7 miles from hotel and 13-15 min. Stay away from the hilton garden inn next door, we stayed for one night and it was awful.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank barbe30

Thank You for your comments regarding your stay on 7.12.10. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with your family and hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 4, 2010

Pros: Fabulous location with walking distance to great restaurants and entertainment; the Heavenly beds are heavenly (though the pillows were too soft for me); gorgeous lobby; highest quality furniture, parking garage convenient
Cons: problems with our room, insufficient electric outlets, parking garage boarderline dangerous; staff could be friendlier

We woke up to have our bathroom door jammed preventing us from getting in. Maintenance came and said that there was something wrong with the knob and it remained off on the floor for the duration of our stay. On the second day we had no bath towels. When they brought them up, they dumped them so fast into my husbands arms he didn't get to see who brought them. The hallways and room are basic olive drab. It must have been decorated for business men who can care less about color. I had to unplug the lamp in order to use my breathing machine. 18M Americans have sleep apnea and a large number require a breathing machine. The parking garage was so tight there was little room for error. As we drove around in circles from level to level there were numerous blind sight lines, only a few of which had mirrors installed on the ceiling. You might think to look up there after a close call or two - or an accident.

On the good side the "Heavenly Beds" were exactly that, but the pillow was too soft for my breathing head gear to be comfortable. The furniture was high quality cherry. The room is stocked with Starbucks coffee but there was only one packet of creamer for each cup of coffee. The connected underground parking garage was very convenient. Once we figured out the maze (red lined spaces for for the condo owners on the upper floors) we were able to park right in front of the elevator. All the elevators were very fast. The lobby was gorgeous, with a large fountain and clear Lucite stairs ascending to the second level. A nice tough was the ice water with limes in the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Candy530324

Thank you for your comments on your previous stay. We look forward to using your comments as a method to improve upon our services.

Reviewed July 4, 2010

Me and my girlfriend enjoyed our stay. I elected to not stay at a Oceanfront hotel because every one I've ever stayed in has been loud and un-clean. If you're not craving being near the Ocean, this Hotel is all you need. Located near tons of restaurants and very easy to get in and out of. Friendly staff and clean rooms. Needed some extra towels and the front desk had them sent right up. Comfy beds and a AC that gets chilly if you like to sleep in the cold like me. I'll be back!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo