“Great customer service”

Ranked #28 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great customer service”
Reviewed January 1, 2009

Stayed for 3 nights, very clean and great customer service! Arrival was a wonderful experience & lobby very nice. We usually stay at the Ocean Beach Club when we come in town, but due to renovations, the price this year was aprox $40 more a night. We chose the Westin, due to great location(not on beach, but great for food and shops this time of year), super rates, and reviews. The room is smaller in comparison, but clean & beautifully decorated. Only thing...no vent fan in bathroom? Second night of stay...some kind of party in the next room woke us up around 3am. Called front desk and resolved immediately! My husband wishes to stay there next year again.

• Liked — customer service
  • Disliked — our neighbors in the next room-can't be helped.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank annberg1969

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Washington, DC
Reviewed November 19, 2008

The lobby of the hotel was nice, what you might expect of a new Westin. The rooms were average, nothing special in terms of decor or amenities. Housekeeping was below average: our requests for additional linens were either ignored or very delayed, daily clean up was half done, room service was outrageously expensive and they got our order wrong.

I might consider staying here again, if were in the area, but I will likely try another upscale hotel.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank endicott1
Virginia Beach, VA
Reviewed November 12, 2008

Really nice stay at the Westin. Lobby, elevators and rooms, everything exudes luxury. Very comfy bed, nicely decorated room and bathroom. Only disappointment, didn't have enough refrigerator keys. Gift shop is adorable, great staff. Would recommend to all my friends and family.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SkylasMom
joyunlimited14
Reviewed November 10, 2008

Pros:
Very nice gym center
Free parking
Right in the middle of town center; close to many restaurants
Comfortable beds

Cons:
No microwave in room
No phone books in the rooms
Refrigerator in room is used to house the mini bar
$6.99 FEE FOR EVERY 15 MINUTES OF USE OF THE COMPUTERS IN THE BUSINESS CENTER
No vents in the bathrooms
Black hair all over the carpet and in the sheets (I'm blond)
Room service food was horrible and had to be sent back.
Some of the women (ie: girls) at the front desk were snooty and unpleasant.
The only accessible electrical outlet in the room didn't work at all so we had to unplug either the alarm clock, lamp, or television to charge our phones or iron our clothes.
DO NOT USE THE SHAMPOO OR CONDITIONER UNLESS YOU WANT TO DESTROY YOUR HAIR (maybe that's why there was so much black hair on the floor) !

I would not return to this hotel. The Hilton Garden Inn just around the corner has basically the same features and is way better.

• Liked — The gym
  • Disliked — No internet
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Joyunlimited14
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 24, 2008

The Westin at the Town Center in Virginia Beach is truly a beautiful hotel. The location is terrific and the room beautifully furnished. The staff is friendly and helpful There is one major problem - there is something terribly wrong with the pipes. When I turned the hot water on the groaning from the pipes was VERY loud.
Then I noticed all the rooms around me had the same problem and it was loud enough to disturb my sleep. I asked at the front desk and they admitted they were having major problems with the noise since the hotel was built last year. The other thing I noticed. As I was looking out the window I heard and saw firetrucks surrounding the building. Having been caught in a high rise fire years ago, I waisted no time in walking down the 13 flights of stairs. The problem I had was that in the stairwell I was in, the bottom floor led into a cellar area that I was afraid to enter. There were no markings for an exit or the lobby. Luckily it was a false alarm! I hope they correct this soon! I think once the pipe issue is resolved it will be a wonderful place to stay. Oh, one other thing. I ordered breakfast in the room. Continental breakfast delivered to the room with a single cup of coffee was $28! And the coffee was cold as was the english muffin. When I complained they quickly removed the charge from my bill. I suggest going out for breakfast!

• Liked — Beautiful furnishing and great location
  • Disliked — Noisy Pipes
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank bertonkat
Richmond, VA
Reviewed October 20, 2008

I stayed two days and overall liked the hotel. It was one of two nice hotels in the area that allowed my small dog. They allowed me to change my room twice because I didn't like the view, with no attitude towards me. The final room was so big we could have put two more queen beds and still had a little room left, my dog just ran and ran. The beds are glorious. Once I switched the view was great. Parking is free and tons of food/shopping in walking distance. Some things I didn't like about this hotel: Both of the rooms had floors with many many stains on the carpet, I was hesitant to let my dog walk around on them. Also there were two pillowcases with blue and yellow huge streaks all over them that were turned around and tucked behind others. I just used the other ones on the bed, there were 5 total on each queen bed!! I ordered room service which ended up costing $23 for a cheeseburger/chips/soda ($12 on the menu, rest was fees). The second night we just ordered to go from Cheesecake Factory, @ the corner, and ate in the room, which was actually great. Wireless was $10 per room, not happy about that . Tv was flat, big and had over 40 channels but they were mostly sports or stuff I never watch. I would encourage anyone to stay here.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Floors were Dirty
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kymbeeva
Seattle, WA
Reviewed October 9, 2008

I stayed here for several nights at the beginning of October, 2008. I was in town for a wedding in Virginia Beach, but I was also visiting friends in Norfolk, so this location worked out well for me since I had a rental car. Parking was free and seemed quite secure. The hotel is close to a mall with a sandwich shop and other amenities that were helpful to me throughout my stay.

This Westin is nice as far as Westin properties go. The gym was huge and new, the lobby looked great, and the staff were, for the most part, extremely helpful. My only complaints are the small room I had on the Club floor (other Westins have larger rooms on comparable floors at similar rates), and the general level of cleanliness of my room. It was fairly clean, but I found a large piece of broken glass once I got to the room. At least two pillowcases had black stains on them as well, and the bathroom could have been a little cleaner (I found a few hairs that weren't mine).

On the whole, I liked this hotel and would stay there again.

• Liked — Free, secure parking
  • Disliked — Cleanliness of room could have been better
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple