“Very nice hotel, great staff”

Westin Virginia Beach Town Center
Ranked #32 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
York, Pennsylvania
“Very nice hotel, great staff”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

It's hard to find a quality hotel that allows you to bring your pet, but this Westin meets that criteria. The hotel is beautiful, the staff (starting with the valet) were great. We had a late arrival and an early departure, so we didn't get to use the additional amenities, but the room was large and the bed was extremely comfortable. I will definitely stay again while visiting my daughter's family.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Chefbear1
WestinVAManager, Manager at Westin Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience. Along with our consistent training to continually improve, we also celebrate great comments such as yours with our team. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Love this hotel! Checked in last minute on the 4th of July with our daughters. They gave us a spectacular view of Mt Trashmore so that we could see the fireworks from the room. We had the hound with us & even though it was a pet friendly room, you wouldn't have known that it was. Very clean, comfy beds & the dual shower head was a nice bonus. McCormick & Schmick's, The Cheesecake Factory & Ruth's Chris were within walking distance. Very nice area. Definitely will be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank uh60dr
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at The Westin Virginia Beach Town Center. We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay and excited that others will take from your feedback what a truly wonderful hotel we have. Safe travels and we look forward to your return.
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed twice at the Westin in Virginia Beach. The rooms are very functional, the bed is great and they have the minimal to stay comfortable. I would even say that they could add some amenities so that guests will feel more welcomed, but it is a detail and I am sure I can live without them. The price is usually fair. Overall good hotel, good location and easy to check in/check out

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Julia C
On behalf of the entire Westin team here in Virginia Beach, thank you for the positive comments you have shared. We are so please to hear about your wonderful stay with us. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I visited this hotel on business and was pleasantly surprised with the hotel's beauty and cleanliness. The staff was also very friendly upon check-in and check-out. I made a special request when I arrived by asking for the highest level possible so I could be separated from my travel group. I was placed on the top floor, something I didn't expect. Nothing like having a good 5 to 7 floors separating you from your coworkers! I'm sure the generous tip for the front desk attendant didn't hurt the outcome, though I'm sure I would have still received the same level of service without the tip.

The room and common areas were very clean and the location was perfect. Lots of great restaurants within walking distance. Overall a great experience. It was my first time at a Westin as I typically opt for boutique-style accomodations, but this was a perfect alternative. I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to tip at check-in. There's a difference between making demands and making...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank JMichaelz02
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments about your stay with us! We were excited to hear that not only was our team able to exceed your expectations, but that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again. We look forward to your next visit.
Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife insists we stay at the Westin due to its clean, fresh appointments and convenient location. Valet parking is very responsive as is front desk. Housekeeping is a bit spotty, so be advised to stay on top of your needs in this area. Overall, a very good experience that has us much more interested in staying at other Westins as well.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the nearby freeway are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank BruinOaks
On behalf of the entire Westin team here in Virginia Beach, thank you for the positive comments. We are so pleased to hear about your wonderful stay with us and that we are your hotel of choice for the future! We look forward to serving you again soon.
Prince Frederick
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Getting straight to the point this hotel is filthy......from the time I walked off the elevator the stench should have been a sign of what I was in for; however, when I walked into the room and noticed the obvious uncleanliness from the finger prints on every window surface, stains on chairs and walls, greasy dusty headboards, and unclean bathroom thoroughly disgusted me. I requested to be moved immediately and the next room was no better; I then requested cleaning supplies to clean my room myself which is the only way I would feel secure that it was done correctly. I didn't let the cleaning staff in my room during the rest of my stay and had them supply me with towels only as it was obvious they weren't cleaning anything and letting them in was a waste of time. The Cleaning Manager as well as the General Manager aren't paying attention to this and it's ruining a relatively great hotel that Starwood is normally known for. At this rate, if it's not addressed immediately, the small issues that have been mentioned by others will get bigger and will eventually ruin the hotel. I don't plan on staying at this hotel again......I reported this to Management and was asked, "What can I do for you"? No, one followed up after the initial encounter which really showed me just how much of a concern it was for them. Hilton Honors has proven that they care and will be my Hotel brand of choice moving forward. I would suggest if you are going to stay here, BRING CLEANING SUPPLIES.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank chellachell1954
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. On behalf of the entire team, I apologize for the challenges you encountered with our housekeeping service. We always strive to exceed our guest’s expectations, but on the occasion where we do not meet this goal, we want to correct any challenges while our guest is still with us. Unfortunately this was not an available option during your stay. We will use your observations for continued training with our housekeeping team to make sure this does not occur again moving forward. Thank you again for your comments.
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel that is runs like a well-tuned machine. Staff is top notch- rooms are pristine (I was in #714) and location could not be better. You can walk to a lot of different restaurants and there are is totally upscale. Great job to staff and management!!!

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank hippie-gypsy
WestinVAManager, Manager at Westin Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
We are excited to hear that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations during your visit with us in Virginia Beach. We will share and celebrate your comments with our team. We look forward to serving you again soon.