“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

Stayed at the Westin as we were going to a concert at the Sandler Theater. Great location just walked out the door and across a quiet street and we were in the theater.

Hotel is very nice. Very clean, modern, and spacious check in area. Staff were extremely courteous and pleasant. Rode elevator in just a few seconds to the 13 th floor. Room was of a high standard. Bed was incredibly comfortable; firm mattress with a "heavenly" duvet. Room came with a refrigerator and a HD TV. Carpets furniture and bathroom were all very clean. Room was also quiet, whether because we were on the 13 th floor or the walls were thick and the windows insulated, but qwe couldn't hear a thing. We didn't eat in but there are about twelve restaurants within a three to five minute walk. I would highkly recommend this hotel if you are in the area and especially if you are attending an event at the Sandler Theater

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank JimM2011
WestinVAManager, Manager at Westin Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Westin for your stay during your visit to the concert at the Sandler Theater. We were excited to read that we helped make your night a special one and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
White Plains, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

Quick, efficient check in, free garage parking, lots of great restaurant choices within walking distance and a Westin Heavenly Bed...what's not to like!?!

I found the staff to be friendly, but not intrusive. And after a long and tedious day with my boss, the bartender made a FANTASTIC Cosmo which really helped me wind down!

I read a couple of reviews before booking and took one reviewer's advice to use the in-room safe for valuables. I had no issues with anything missing. In fact, my only real complaint (and this is a stretch) is that the fragrance of the hotel soap and lotion was a little strong and too perfumy. I always travel with my own toiletries, so this wasn't so much an issue as something to make note of.

It's a good location if you have business in the area or if you want to enjoy the beach in the daytime and go a little more sophisticated at night. All in all, a satisfying hotel experience. I'll stay here again when I have business in the VA Beach area.

Room Tip: For $20 more than my room w/2 queens, my boss snagged a king room with wrap around windows and a nic...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Empressou
Thank you for sharing your great experience during your visit with us. We will share your positive comments with our Westin Team as we continually strive to give our guests the outstanding service they deserve. We hope you will consider us again on your next visit to Virginia Beach.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

I stayed one night at the Westin in Virgina beach, the hotel we originaly booked was full.
The hotel is new, the room are excellent, the bathroom modern the shower was inpressive.
The begging very confortable. There is a also undergound free parking. The hotel is close to restaurant. The only downside it is about 10 miles from the beach.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank lovetrav3l
Thank you for sharing your positive comments with us. It was great to read that we were able to meet and exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again soon.
Southern Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Great place to stay in Virginia Beach! Close to great restaurants and places for shopping. Our room was clean and the hotel was well maintained. The parking lot is easliy accessible and the fact that it is free is a big bonus. We will definitely return to the Westin the next time we are in the Virginia Beach area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TenJaney
WestinVAManager, Manager at Westin Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
First and most importantly, thank you for choosing the Westin for your visit to Virginia Beach. We will share all your positive comments about your stay with our team. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

Since it was a Westin, I expected a really nice place...maybe thats my fault. I have never stayed at a Westin, I normally stay at Hampton Inns, etc. A couple of complaints: the front desk staff seemed uninformed and almost 'new'. I was handed my keys and not told which room I was assigned for instance. Small issue, but just seemed strange for a place that should be very nice. Then the toilet was clogged in our bathroom (from the guest before us). Maintenance did come and fix it quickly though. Still for a hotel at this level, I didnt expect to have to deal with that. The room seemed not quite clean. The table tops had rings from glasses on them and the floor felt dirty. Are my issues huge deals? No...but I just didnt expect any of them in a Westin.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nofancyname
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. You are absolutely correct that you should always leave our hotel feeling refreshed and completely satisfied. We apologize that you did not get the full Westin experience you deserve. We will use your comments as part of our continual training and re-training of our staff specifically in our guest arrival experience and in the importance of the guest room being perfect before our guests arrive.

Thank you again for sharing your observations.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

My family and I stayed here for our family vacation before school started. We absolutely loved the hotel and its location is awesome. The only thing I was not as pleased about was the fact that the room did not appear to have been vacuumed in ages. It was also quite dusty. The housekeeping staff could do a better job with cleaning. This is not enough, though, to keep us from returning. My husband and I are already planning to return soon. We loved the location with all of the convenient restaurants. It is such a lively area. It is also close enough to the oceanfront that it doesn't take long to get there. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Aries80
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience. Along with using your comments to re-train individuals on our housekeeping team, we also celebrate great comments such as yours with our entire team. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon!
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

Wonderful place to stay!!! Clean, great location, and fabulous and helpful staff!! Love! Love! Love! We were able to get to a concert easily from the location! Almost overslept because of the comfortable beds. Hot tub and fitness facility were really nice. Free parking was very helpful. Will return with my husband next time! ; )

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Eliza626
On behalf of the entire Westin team here in Virginia Beach, thank you for the positive comments you have shared. We are so please to hear about your wonderful stay with us. . Thank you again for sharing your observations. We look forward to serving you again soon.