“Decent food, nice atmosphere”

Rudee’s Restaurant & Cabana Bar
Ranked #26 of 1,420 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Rudee's on the Inlet welcomed its rst guest on March 17, 1983, in what was originally designed to be a bait & tackle shop. Since that day, Rudee's has grown to become one of the most popular restaurants and night spots at the Beach. Housed in a replica of an authentic Coast Guard station, the Restaurant & Cabana Bar has grown to include our outside deck with our popular "glider seating" over the water and seasonal re pit tables. Kick back, relax and have a great time. We hope you enjoy our delicious, fresh seafood, specialty drinks and the beautiful sunsets over Rudee Inlet.
OBX
“Decent food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We ate here on a Saturday night. We were actually going to go to Big Sam's but they had an hour wait so we decided to go to Rudee's so my wife could get some steamed oysters. We were seated immediately which was nice. The interior is nice, exactly what you'd expect from an inlet waterfront restaurant IMO. My wife got the steamed shrimp for an app and I got the steak bites. Both were really good. For our meal the wife got steamed oysters and I had bacon wrapped scallops. Only complaint on either was the oysters were stacked on a smallish plate so some of the shells got into the oyster meat. They need bigger plates for the steamed oysters IMO. Mine was good, had a good spice / brown sugar mix on top. Food was good, not great, glad we tried it.

• Visited February 2013

Chesapeake, Virginia
“restaurant week 2013”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

we came here for lunch during restaurant week and was not impressed at all. We even heard the ladies at the table next to us with the same complaints. I had the maine lobster roll. Nothin like I was used to. The lobster was very dry and the roll was not toasted at all. It could've been really good if they wouldve added mayo to the lobster salad and toasted the new england roll. I chuckled a little when I heard the ladies at the next table say the same thing I had just said to my husband. The she crab soup was good but kinda spicy and barely had any crab in it. Our server was AMAZING and made it a great experience. My husband really enjoyed his fish and chips. I'm glad we went during restaurant week and had a discount in prices because I probably wouldve complained if I had to pay full price for that poor lobster roll. I dont think I will be going back here at all

• Visited January 2013
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
“Great Location and Food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Rudees is located right at the marina and one of their special offerrings is that you can bring the fish you caught that day, and they cook it for you. This is a special treat when it is rockfish (striped bass) or other local catch. the wine list is minimal but the choices are very drinkable and of course, there is a great selection of beer. Everyone is very friendly and if you are into fresh oysters, you can sit at the raw bar and they open them right in front of you. The service is very good although the servers are not as informed as they should be. Prices are not cheap, but the food is worth it.

• Visited January 2013
Kenilworth, New Jersey, United States
“Dining experience”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Food was good but I thought a bit pricey for what you got. Felt the restaurants right on the boardwalk were near our hotel were better tasting and better priced.

Visited September 2012
“Great outdoor atmosphere!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I live in Virginia Beach and I love taking friends here when the visit. MUST sit outside on the gliders--the atmosphere is the best part of this place! The food is good, especially the she-crab soup. At busy times the service can get a little slow, but the staff are always friendly.

• Visited October 2012