“Hot and Fresh buffet......unbelievable”

George's Seafood Restaurant and Buffet
Ranked #992 of 1,464 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Greek, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We've been to buffets before, but never had one that tasted like they had an actual chef in the kitchen. And it was HOT! I'm not one for crab legs, but people were eating a ton of them. A little too pricey for a couple over 60. We just can't eat that much anymore.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Captian George's Seafood is great with lots of variety. This is THE well known restaurant with the great food.
It is also inland. (not sure of the address) The Georges's Seafood on the Boardwalk is not the best and has
lot less food and quailty that Captian George's place. If you want quaility food and service, go to Captian
George's place and you won't have the regrets as you would with George's Seafood place.

1  Thank Just M
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

The salad bar consisted of lettuce, pickled beets and coleslaw-nothing more. The items on the seafood buffet were unappetizing in appearance and certainly weren't what was shown in the restaurant's ad. Also, definitely not worth $20.00 Per person. We ordered off the menu-steamed spiced shrimp and fried shrimp. Steamed shrimp were watery and tasteless. Fried shrimp were mostly breading and the shrimp were dry, chewy and tasteless. Terrible food and bad service.

1  Thank Penny N
Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I went here on our anniversary. He loves seafood and I can usually find something on the buffet for me, who does not eat seafood. The place was almost empty when we got there. We both checked out the buffet first and there was hardly anything on it for me, so I had to order an expensive steak off the menu. My husband hated the seafood because it was frozen pre-packaged and we came for real seafood. My steak was okay, but I would never spend $25 for a steak again. Would never go here again.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Go early, 3-4 pm to miss the long waiting lines. Be hungry to enjoy the seafood at George's Seafood on Lynhaven Blvd.

1  Thank Lawrence B