Review Highlights
Perfect Blend

I had heard many wonderful things about The Surf School for years but finally last year my daughter... read more

Reviewed July 28, 2016
Nicole C
via mobile
What a Self Esteem Booster!

First, I must say that my daughter wants to surf competitively after three days of this surf camp... read more

Reviewed July 25, 2016
Jenny N
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2015

This camp came highly recommended and it didn't disappoint! The instructors were very encouraging and really knew how to have fun with the kids. With no prior experience, my 9 year old was riding waves on day 1! I was really impressed that they recognized my (more cautious) 7 year old's fear to try something new. On day 2 they paired her with Graham, an amazingly patient and fun instructor, who worked miracles to get her up on that board! Our little surfers had a blast and want to do it again next summer!

Reviewed August 17, 2015

Last year when our grandson was visiting we enrolled him in The Surf School. He was a complete novice and ended the week surfing. This year we enrolled him again. He loves it. Jason Borte and the instructors make the camp really fun while teaching the kids a lot about surfing. We'll be back next year!

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed August 17, 2015

Our family vacations in Va Beach every year and this camp is a must each time! Riley and Jason were exceptional this summer with the kids who were more advanced (our son, included) and in keeping our more cautious daughter engaged all week. They celebrate all the kids' successes and help them get back up when they fall. I've also worked with their instructors 1:1 in my own journey to surf and again, top notch. The experience with this team every year is far more fun, professional, and helpful than any previous experiences with other groups in VA Beach or elsewhere. Can't wait to get our youngest going with them next summer!

Reviewed August 15, 2015

With no real experience in surfing, my 7 year old son attended Jason Borte's surf camp last week. I cannot say enough about Jason and his awesome staff! They really did a fantastic job of teaching the kids and making it so fun with all of the games and great personalities. I felt completely safe leaving my son in the care of the instructors! I signed my son up for another week, he can't wait!

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed July 28, 2015

This summer was our second vacation in VA and Fourth (2x/week) having Riley come work with the kids. the kids LOVE him, he's so enthusiastic, gives great advice, pays close attention and really supports them -- cheering and teaching the whole time. We really appreciate the way Jason runs this school for camp and lessons.