“Incredible”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ammos

Ammos
Reserve with OpenTable
Ammos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 1,413 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
“Incredible”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husbands brought me here for mothers day and everything was fantastic. I ordered the lamb chops and they were the best I have ever had! My husband the mousaka and he enjoyed it as well. You can tell everything is authentic and fresh. We cannot wait for our next visit!

• Visited May 2013

Blasdell, New York, United States
“Very good food and service”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Ammos's Greek Restaurant catered two dinners for our Navy reunion. The first night they catered our dinner in our hospitality room. The food was excellent and the server Sophie was very attentive to our needs. The second dinner was held in the restaurant and again the food was very good. I'm not a favorite of seafood but the stuffed flounder prepared for our dinner was excellent. I spoke with the owner's wife, who prepared the flounder and asked about the stuffing. I was surprised when she told me it was stuffed with crab meat as I usually don't eat anything with crab meat in it. Everything was excellent including the Belly Dancer provide for our entertainment. A great family owned restaurant!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Disasteerman
Alabaster
“Great food and great people!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We just had two catered dinners from Toni and John Ambrose's restaurant, Ammos, in Virginia Beach for our USS Ruchamkin reunion. Service and food were excellent and we will definitely use them next time we return. John even booked a spectacular belly dancer for us and, along with the scrumptious food prepared by hand, that evening was a highlight of our visit. His restaurant is right on the water, giving diners a lovely view. The staff goes the extra mile to ensure you have a great experience. Highly recommend them!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Sgerrells
Glenside, Pennsylvania
“Outdated decor, structural repairs underway, Greek salad was Meh.”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was surprised to find that this restaurant was awarded 4 circles on tripadvisor. I ordered a greek salad which was just ok, it was too oily and I expected more from a greek restaurant. My wife's chicken gyro tasted and smelled like fish as it was likely grilled on the same surface as fish or the utensils were not cleaned in between fish and chicken preparation. The mens bathroom is in desperate need of attention, there is no door lock on the stall! The entrance is under construction as was noted by unfinished concrete and archway. I had higher expectations from this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Very good Greek restaurant at the beach”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We decided to pop into this restaurant for a quick lunch. We found the staff to be extremely courteous and helpfull. The food was great, we had the gyro platter and the meat lover.

The meat lover is a great entree to share. It has chicken, sausage, steak, and gyro meat with a side of sauce and pita bread. The meat was seasoned extremely well and the steak was cooked perfect to medium rare level.

My only complaint is they do not have a lunch menu with a lighter fare.

I would recommend this restaurant.