“Good food”

Lager Heads - LHVB
Ranked #9 of 1,442 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Lager Heads is sure to be the new locals' favorite - probably because it's staying local, featuring the best Virginia beer, wine and cheese. Known for our hand made burgers, signature steaks, fresh seafood and live summer entertainment, Lager Head's is the place to be this summer.
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner here last night. A storm rolled in and staff did a nice job accommodating people from outside to inside. One of our meals didn't come out with the rest and took at least 10 mins more, but they comped the meal immediately without having to say anything. Food was very good and prices comparable to the other beachfront restaurants we dined at.

Dave E, General Manager at Lager Heads - LHVB, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Maria,

Thanks for the kind review. Very happy to hear we were able to accomodate you guys and that you left satisified. We work very hard to make sure we take care of each and every guest. I hope we see you again on your next trip to Virginia Beach.

There are newer reviews for Lager Heads - LHVB

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and ate here twice during our stay. The crab cakes were the best I've ever had, absolutely no shells! The fries are fresh and delicious. We sat outside by the boardwalk the second time and it was a beautiful view. They have an enormous selection of local brews and delicious cocktails. We will definitely be visiting again in the future.

Dave E, General Manager at Lager Heads - LHVB, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Kala,

I am so glad you enjoyed the crab cakes, while you were here, I agree they are incredible. I hope you come back and see us the next time you are in VB.

All the best,

Reviewed July 24, 2014

On the recommendation of a waitress, about the preparation of flank steak, my daughter ordered it medium rare, and it still came out tough. My other daughter ordered a $22 fish and chips, figuring it would be excellent. It wasn't - two pieces of fish were burnt, and all of it was cool, not hot. I ordered steamed shrimp, that also came out of the kitchen cool. Service was terrible, and I would only recommend that you NEVER go there.

I am extremely disheartened to hear we didnt deliver great food and excellent service to your family when you dined with us the other night. We are addressing your concerns and will be reviewing our steps and standards of service with our staff this week. I hope you give us another try the next time you are in town and give me the chance to make things right. Please feel free to contact me at dave.edwards@phrinc.com and give me the chance to make it up to you.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Hopefully we caught this place on a terrible night bc that's what it was "TERRIBLE" the food took over 45min to come out, the drinks were mixed horribly, the waitress was slow and forgetful. However when the food came out it was very good but I don't think we will be back; 45 minute wait for food to hit the table is inexcusable. The waitress didn't even think to alert the manager on her long ticket times. I had to hunt down a manager at which his excuse was "I don't know what to say", worst manager response ever! Should start by apologizing and asking what can I do to make your experience better. But that didn't happen! On a positive note the atmosphere was cool, the food was good, and their hostess staff were very friendly.

Paul,

I am so sorry you had such a terrible experience when you were with us the other day, I agree with you the situation was not handled the way it should have been. We have already scheduled a meeting our bar staff this week to do some further training on our drink recipes and we are also having a meeting with our servers to review steps and standards of service. Thank you for taking the time to let me know so I can address your concerns personally. Please feel free to contact me directly at dave.edwards@phrinc.com, I would welcome the chance to make it up to you, I certainly dont ever want a guest to leave here unhappy. I hope you will give me the chance make things right.

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Went here twice while staying at Hilton garden inn. First time got burgers that were excellent! Blueberry lavender mojito was the best. Went back for dinner and it was not so great. Had to wait for a table-no big deal, had great wait staff, knew beers and menu well. Mango mojito was a bit sweet, cucumber mojito was very refreshing. After almost and hour wait for food we finally got our dinners and the fish and chips were cold, they only gave us half slab if ribs not full (they did bring it later but they were tough and awful), BBQ chicken flatbread was very good. They took fish back manager apologized and comped our meals. Table near us with young kids had food late too. When we left manager was working with cooks. They need to work on kitchen and speed and it will be okay. They should stick to mojitos beer and burgers - since that do that well! I hope they get it together could be a great place!

Beth,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I am sorry to hear dinner did not meet your expectations. We are a new restaurant and we are working very hard to make sure every customer has a "WOW" experience every time they are here. We did this during your lunch visit, and I am sorry we didnt deliver the same experience during dinner. I can assure you were will continue improve. I hope you come back and give me the chance to make things right, please feel free to contact me directly at dave.edwards@phrinc.com. I look forward to talking to you soon.