First time in VA Beach and really had no idea where to stay. After getting alot of feedback from others on TripAdvisor.com, many suggested the SpringHill Suites.
Overall, it was a nice hotel, but the service really needs some help. From when we arrived at the front desk and Destinee checked out in, there was little focus on interacting with the guest. Destinee basically asked for the drivers license and credit card, then gave us our keys and that was it. No, "Hi, is this your first time here", "Where were you traveling from", "Need any help with your luggage", etc.
Destinee did ask for a telephone number, but again never explained herself well as to why she was requesting it. Either she doesn't enjoy her job and simply goes through the motions of doing the minimal amount necessary. We did find the staff to be younger than typical and there seemed to be a lack overall respect to the guests.
Cannot recall once when passing any of the staff in the hallways did they ever say "Hello" or greet you...very disappointing.
One thing they really needs to address are the card readers. We had problems with both the reader for the key on our door, the back door next to the gym going to the outside, and the elevator to the parking garage. We even addressed this issue with the front desk and there response was, "Yes, the card keys work, but especially the reader on the back door can be a problem". This should be fixed instead of having the guest be inconvenienced.
A nice hotel, but the service definitely makes the overall experience nothing more than average which you can get at plenty of hotel in VA Beach.
Would we return or recommend this specific location? Probably not. When you are paying nearly $200 per night, a little friendly service can go a long way and makes a difference between an average experience, to making it stand out in your mind and wanting to return to the same place next time.
Sorry SpringHill Suites, but the service is not up to Marriott standards, let alone the standards of many other hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax at the SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, where weekend jaunts, family vacations and even business trips put a smile on your face. Featuring all oceanfront suites with private balcony, microwave, mini-frig, 2 TVs, complimentary breakfast, free wireless internet, free local calls and complimentary parking. Enjoy our indoor pool and expansive outdoor pool plaza with cafe and fitness center. Our oceanfront hotel lets you unwind and cherish every moment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott and Priceline so you can book your SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Springhill Suites