SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
$190
Country Inn
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$167
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$241
$215
  • Beachfront
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$348
$235
  • Pool
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$161
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$160
Hotels.com
Turtle Cay Resort(Virginia Beach)
$189
$214
Hampton.com
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
$245
$205
$219
$209
GardenInn.com
1,078 results
All reviewsoutdoor poolfront desksitting areafree breakfastbedroom suiteoff seasonhigh floorhousekeeping staffbreakfast barsofa bedthe room was niceocean viewbalconyboardwalkelevatormicrowavesand
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

This is our first trip to VA as we usually vacation on the jersey shore. We made our reservations at Spring Hill Suites over a month ago and requested a lower level room due to medical issues. Followed up on this request a couple of times...even on the day of check in...but once arrived the only room they had was on the 11th out of 14 floors. I knew if wasn't going to be good. The lady at the front desk said she could move us down to 6 tomorrow. Needless to say I now on my I pad searching for other hotels for low level rooms. I have secured the door and curtains are over...not the way you want to stay at the beach.....my husband is out searching for food at 10pm cause we checked in late....The decor of the room is old, and definitely NOT beach like. Last week I was at a Hyatt I nary land overnight that had 2 bedrooms and very modern for $130 a night. For $400 a night for this, I would look elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Christine H
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

We are sorry that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. We take all guest feedback seriously. Your comments have been addressed with our team for improvement, as this is not the type of service we strive to provide. We hope to have another opportunity to better serve your lodging needs in the future.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

This was our first time staying here. Most of the places on the ocean front don't have outdoor pools. For the ones that do have an outdoor pool, the pool doesn't get the sun very long, due to its location. The outdoor pool at the SpringHill Suites gets the sun all day long. There are plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas. There is a smaller indoor pool as well. Breakfast is included, but the line is almost always long. The variety of food offered is good. Our room was spacious. The kitchenette area had plenty of storage (cabinet) space. The refrigerator was small, so we had a hard time fitting everything in it for our ten-day stay. In addition, there was no freezer so we needed to keep getting ice. The room was kept clean. The housekeeping staff (especially Gwen) was very nice and made sure we had everything we needed. The hotel offered either free WiFi or paid WiFi ($4.95/day). We opted for the free WiFi. It wasn't super fast, but wasn't slow either. In addition, we had to log in pretty much every time, although it would automatically connect on occasion. I guess you get what you pay for. The hotel has a shower at one entrance for guests coming off of the beach. However, many of the guests didn't bother rinsing the sand off or drying themselves off before coming into the hotel (RUDE), so there was usually sand and water near this entrance. The hotel did a good job of mopping and drying the floors throughout the day. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so very much for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to accommodate your needs and hope we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again for your next getaway to Virginia Beach!

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Stayed here 2 nights with our family 2 adults and 3 kids in a 2Q with sofa bed. Room adequate. Our room was across the elevators, so I was afraid of the noise level at night, but as the one who got stuck on the sofa bed next to the door - I slept just fine.

You wouldn't think once you are inside that this hotel is on the beach. I was amazed on how clean and "non beachy" the hotel and rooms smelled. Guests would come in from rinsing off from the beach and walk in the halls dripping wet (which I didn't get) and there were always staff nearby cleaning up the mess. Fans were also in that hallway. The rooms are all oceanfront and as I mentioned before, didn't smell and I didn't see any evidence of sand or beach in our room.

Free breakfast is a plus and $ saver for our family. The eating area has floor to ceiling windows, so you can look out to ocean while enjoying breakfast. The line does get long the later you go and seating may be a problem as well. For a hotel as large as this one, I thought they did a pretty good job.

They have both an indoor and outdoor pool. The outdoor pool is large, but it's kind of confusing that it belongs to the hotel. You pass over a sidewalk to get to it, so it looks like it belongs to the hotel next door. When we went there was someone there to open the gate for us. On one occasion, she asked for our room key, but the other times, no one checked, so I guess others could try and use it?

We didn't find out until later, but the hotel does have some beach equipment to use in a storage bin by the front doors - boogie boards, buckets and shovels...

We wanted to go to the beach the day we left and called to request a later check out. They were able to extend it until noon which is only an hour, but greatly appreciated it.

If we go back to VA beach, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get to the beach supply box by the front doors for best selection.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

What a wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased everyone enjoyed their time here. It's great to read you made the most of your trip by taking advantage of all our amenities! Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 15, 2014

We just stayed here in July 2014. We were here about 4 years ago as well, and it doesn't seem as polished as it was then. However, we would probably go back for the location alone - every room has an unobstructed beach view and balcony, and you are right on the beach. Plus it's like having your own private air show with the daily flyovers by fighter jets and we saw two attack helicopters as well - very cool.

I would have given it 3 stars, but the view brings it up a notch. I have a couple of concerns about the hotel - the lineups at breakfast were way too long - I had to wait 15 or 20 minutes on one of the days just to get to the buffet area. They could easily benefit from a second hot buffet line. And, there aren't enough proper breakfast tables - too many low lounge chairs where you have to eat on your lap, and which aren't convenient for families who want to eat together. Because of the table shortage and long lines, you feel a bit like a vulture hunting down a table, while someone else has to wait in line.

And, no room safe! What's up with that? This is a beach hotel, where no one wants to bring valuables to the beach. They have safes at the front desk, which is not really all that convenient - would much prefer it in my room.

I do want to add though that the rooms are impeccably cleaned every day - not a grain of sand is left in the room - kudos to their housekeeping staff on a job well done!

Dining tip if you are too tired to go out - the room service food is actually quite tasty and reasonably priced.

The parking is free - always a plus. And Virginia Beach is a lot of fun for families. We would probably go back to this hotel, but I hope they improve the breakfast area before then.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our SpringHill Suites. We are very happy that you were pleased with your recent stay with us. The negatives have been addressed with the staff and we are thankful for your input. It is input such as these that allow us to improve on a daily basis. Again, thank you for your review and we hope we can serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

This was our second stay as a family at SpringHill Suites. Check in was a breeze, and the front desk staff was very friendly and accomodating. Our room on the 5th floor was fine, although there were a few suspect stains on the rug near the door. I'm sure it is difficult to keep the rugs in pristine condition over time. The rest of the room was clean when we arrived. The beds were comfortable, and noise outside the room was not an issue.

The view is spectacular, of course. And, being so close to the Rudee inlet, we were periodically treated to jet fly bys from nearby Oceana. We enjoyed that.

The breakfast buffet was always stocked and ready, no matter how long the lines got. We went early, and there were still plenty of people there. A little more item variety would be nice, but the breakfast is still a good value.

There is coffee or water available throughout the day in the lobby, which was great. My only real complaint about the staff was the lady who asked us to step away from the coffee station for several minutes (as we were in the midst of making coffee) so that she could clean and refresh the supplies. Other than that experience, the staff was great.

I would recommend Spring Hill for families and couples. It is a great home base for a beach vacation.

Room Tip: 2nd floor extended balconies
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ellen H
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Thank you so very much for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to inform us about your visit. We are pleased to learn you enjoyed your time at our hotel and appreciate feedback that we can use for improvement. We hope to see you again when you are in Virginia Beach!