First, this hotel certainly meets the high standards one expects from the Marriott brand. The staff is capable and cordial, all the facilities well-maintained, and the rooms comfortable and clean. Many of the other reviews here verify the great service and attention to the guests.
But top reason to stay is the hassle-free vacation weekend.
We spent the Labor Day weekend here, complete with American Music Festival, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon, and of course the usual end-of-summer crowds flocking to the beach for one last shindig. Yet with all of that going on, we never had to search out a parking space, a pool chair, or face the traffic to get to a good restaurant.
Location: At the southern end of the beach, it’s close to inexpensive, mid-level and high-end restaurants, right for any style of dining. Plenty of shops and markets along the avenue. Just stroll north on the boardwalk to the more active evening venues, and the headliner stage for the music festival is 3 blocks south – you can enjoy the music from your balcony, but shut it out effectively to get some sleep.
Parking: As easy as it gets. The on-site parking garage always had spaces available, day or night. Much different from the north end hotels, with lots across the busy Atlantic Avenue that seem to always be full. Complimentary Valet available, and met us with a luggage cart as we arrived.
Pools: A large outdoor pool with snack bar beside the hotel, with plenty of lounge chairs. We never had to search out a set of chairs or wait for someone else to vacate. Lots of umbrellas to ward of the afternoon sun. Just across the boardwalk to the ocean to get that salt-water experience. Good-sized indoor pool in case the weather turns.
The one disappointment is the absence of an in-room safe. I don’t want to keep track of cell phones and jewelry on the beach, yet it’s hard to feel secure leaving them in the room.
I’ve visited a lot of the Virginia Beach oceanfront hotels, and this one removes a lot of the minor annoyances that mar the holiday. The hotel is top-notch, and the little things like parking and pool chairs make a big difference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, where weekend jaunts, family vacations, and even business trips are enjoyable and memorable. Our Virginia Beach Oceanfront hotel's beachfront location in Virginia Beach, Virginia is perfect for those who want to step just feet away from their guest room and sink their toes into the sand. Our hotel features all oceanfront suites with private balcony, microwave, mini refrigerator, 2 TVs, complimentary breakfast, free wireless Internet, free local calls, and complimentary parking. Enjoy our indoor pool and expansive outdoor pool plaza with cafe and fitness center. SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront lets you unwind and cherish every moment in Virginia Beach, VA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Springhill Suites