“Perfect location !”

Ranked #35 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Perfect location !”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great location and Shay was absolutely the best front desk staffer I've experienced in years. She was friendly and curteous and appropriately energetic. Fun to deal with and access to the beach makes the location ideal.

• Stayed May 2013
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that Shay was able to make a positive difference in your stay, she will be rewarded for her efforts. We appreciate your taking the time to complete a review and hope you will visit us again when you travel to our area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Monroe, Connecticut
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We always feel welcome when we come here. We appreciate the entire staff for their courtesy, honesty, integrity and the spirit of Excellence that is demonstrated from the Front Desk to Housekeeping. The staff is great and they make you feel at home. A big shout out to my people: Shana, Deryl, Gabrielle, Shauna (Shay), Taylor, Lacey, Michelle, Sercan, Josh, Anna, Jonathan (Boss Man), Jonathan, Savannah, Jonas, Latecia, Judith, Christine, Vesela, Nina, Patricia, Monique, Annalese, Brandy and Keith. Nikki you have a great staff. It truly is a pleasure to stay with you all. We are always made to feel welcome and hate to leave. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for being such great guests! We look forward to each time you visit and appreciate all the nice things you do for us when you are here! We value your business and hope we continue to exceed your expectations. Since I do not see your next reservation in the system, I'll expect to hear from you soon to schedule your next trip to visit the kids!
Fort Washington, Maryland, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I booked my reservation back in February 2013 for May 2013, and two days before my trip while confirming the reservation they lost one of my reservations. We are coming in for a bridal shower, and we requested two rooms, and we were told they would be next to each other.
Today, I got an entire different story, one reservation could not be found, and there was no guarantee if we could be near each other, and in this case on separate floors.

I was so saddened because we had other options in February but we were sold on this hotel because they agreed on our accomodations. Finally, a manager name Laura was given the phone, who just listened to me, and she upgraded both rooms, and we will at least be on the same floor. Even better, she gave me the same rate for the upgrade as I had before. Now that is the type of service that makes you forget how bad I was originally frustrated, and I feel much better about the situation now. Many of us post when it is all wrong, but they really made it right, and thank you LAURA.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your recent experience was. Your comments are very important to us and greatly appreciated. I am glad to hear that everything was to your satisfaction and that Laura was able to resolve any concerns. She will be recognized for her efforts. We value you as a guest and we want to make sure we are meeting your needs and exceeding your expectations. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Virginia Beach!
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed May 13, 2013

After staying here several months ago (winter) and having such a great hotel experience, we decided to visit again. This is just a very nice, relaxing place to stay. Plenty to do (spring-summer; winter it's like a ghosttown here) on the boardwalk, two putter golf around corner, amusement rides / slides too, shops, many restaurants and ice cream stores everywhere. For a beachfront property, the prices are very fair, and they have a very nice breakfast which is included. Hot coffee and tea available in the lobby 24 hrs. It is very clean, but we can say, the staff is really the reason we came back. Everyone is very friendly at the front desk and the hotel staff is very helpful. We look forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: They have one bedroom suites with sitting area, two TV's, and are very good size. Two bedroom su...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pilot2643
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your return visit! We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and I'm glad we're able to deliver consistent service. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast and area attractions while you were here! We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Virginia Beach!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I were assigned to this location for 3 days for a time share presentation by Gold Key Resorts (a whole different story.)

Pros:
Super friendly and responsive staff. Couldn't ask for a more friendly staff.

Cons:
- Parking was a nightmare.
- The rooms stink.
------The first room we were assigned smelled HORRIBLE! Clearly it was a former smoking room. There were cigarette burns in the carpet. The toilet seat was broken and the shower curtain had a big mold stain on it. I called and the front desk brought up another room key pronto.
------The second room smelled bad too but not as bad as the first one. It was very musty and stale smoke. Another former smoking room. There was hair in the sink, toothpaste splashes on the mirror and bugs trapped in the curtains. The kicker was the bed skirt. It looked as if someone came in from the beach and wiped their feet on it. Huge dirt stain (I took pics.) The internet did not work for 2 days. We had to call the ISP directly and they told us that the hotel needed to buy a part. Late on the 2nd day it began to work. The sheets kept coming off of the bed all night. The mattress was thin and lumpy.

I called the desk and told them about the issues. Immediately they sent someone up to spray bugs and change the bedskirt. The housekeeper was really surprised to see the condition of the bedskirt. I carry disinfect spray and cleaner when I travel so I cleaned the sink and mirror.

Overall, I would not stay there again. First impressions are lasting ones. The staff is really good, but they have a crappy property to work with so they did the best they could.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean front so there is really no chance of getting a bad view. Ask for a room away f...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank A L M
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry you were not satisfied with your stay. I surely understand your frustration with the numerous issues you encountered during your time with us. Our staff did try to resolve all of your concerns while you were here. We do value you as a guest and we always make sure we address all problems guest unfortunately experience. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. Again, I'm sorry we disappointed you and I hope you have a prosperous year.
Aldan, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Having stayed at multiple Marriott properties in the VA Beach area, including all on the oceanfront, this is my favorite, and I always try to stay here if my rate is available..It is the cleanest one with the best rooms, free breakfast, and the most courteous and helpful staff (this trip, Shay and Taylor were very helpful at check-in and throughout my stay, handling all of my special requests, room type changes and reservation modifications). The hotel is in a very convenient, if slightly less populated area of the beach. Overall, a great place to stay for business or pleasure!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank bkpsu
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel and the kind words about our staff. We are glad that you had such an extraordinary stay with us and appreciate your return business. We are lucky to have people like Shay and Taylor on our team to give such great attention to our guests. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the area!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Check in went very smooth. The size of the 1-bdrm suite is very nice and can easily accommodate 6 people. 2 double beds in the room and a pullout in the living room, a small kitchenette w/ mini fridge and microwave. However, it is just okay. As soon as I walked in the room I noticed a huge red stain in the carpet, the couch pillows were faded pretty bad. The bathroom is a nice size; however, the shower curtain had mildew stains, there were bits of hair about the floor. All in all the room served its purpose but did not offer the comfort and luxury that I would have preferred. As for the hotel breakfast, it's included... eat at your own risk. It's not good, not bad, it’s just okay. Nevertheless, the staff here is great.

Room Tip: Get a room near the end of the hall. Steps are helpful when the elevators are jammed during checkou...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share some of your thoughts about your stay with us. I apologize that you experienced housekeeping issues during your visit. I do hope you brought it to our attention and that we resolved it to your satisfaction. We do value you as a guest and want to make sure we address all problems guests unfortunately experience. If you are ever back in the area we hope to have another opportunity to serve your lodging needs again.