SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
GreenLeadersBronze level
virginia
“finikymom”
Reviewed April 10, 2008

Currently vacationing 2 days, 4/9/08-4/11/08, with daughters. Other positive reviews and pictures are dead on. We are in a 1-bedroom suite which I highly recommend because there is a door to the bedroom. Others mentioned small balcony on high floor. Not a problem for us. I rather be up high with a great view and further away from noise than on floor 2 with large patio area and closer to noise.

I'm used to 4-star or better hotels but you can't beat this 3-star for the value. I'm very particular about where I sleep and I had no problems with this hotel. The living area is nice with a 4 seat sleeper sofa w/lounge section and add'l chair. Staff were friendly and gave great restaurant suggestions. Try Rockerfellas for their early bird meal (salad, entree, dessert) with the most expensive being $12.99. Great value when you have kids with you. Stay away from Rudee's across from Rockerfellas....the food is not as good and the early bird special doesn't include dessert.

The only negative I have is the quality of towels. I prefer thicker. We brought our own toiletries from our stay in Bermuda to up the quality of the ones they give you. My kids were glad I did this because it reminded them of our stay in Bermuda.

Hotel wasn't too busy while here but as I am writing this the noise level just picked up with a horde of teenagers checking in. So glad we leave tomorrow! Hope this review helps and don't be afraid to book a room here.

Don't listen to other reviewers w/negative experiences. As with everything, you get what you give. If you are nice to people, they will be nice to you and if you go in not expecting prefection, you won't be disappointed.

Stayed April 2008
4 Thank travelmomva

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
New York
Reviewed April 8, 2008

This is a terrific place for a vacation. The hotel is right on the boardwalk. Decor is bright and cheery. All rooms have ocean views with balcony. Beds were comfortable. Rooms were quiet. Free breakfast was well-stocked and frequently refreshed. Computers are available in the lobby to print boarding passes and check e-mail.

• Liked — ocean views and boardwalk accesss
  • Stayed September 2007
2 Thank upstatetraveler40
Ohio
Reviewed April 7, 2008

Large, clean rooms and public areas. All rooms oceanview. Three computers for public use in lobby area. Friendly, helpful staff. Breakfast can get a bit crowded, but staff cheerfully do their best to keep up, so the crowd's not overwhelming. Not sure Virginia Beach is my cup of tea, but the hotel was great. Close to the south end of the VB strip. Would absolutely stay there again.
Read a number of these reviews, and most are right on the money.

• Liked — Staff. Cleanliness. Beachfront location
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank crango
Pottstown, PA
Reviewed March 29, 2008

My family and I stayed here over Easter weekend. We had a beautiful, well-appointed, ocean-front room. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was clean beyond belief, roomy, and comfortable. We would definitely stay here again!

2 Thank moose036
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2008

My husband and I just spent five days at the Springhill Suites., Virginia Beach oceanfront, escaping from the snow at home in Ottawa. We vacationed with my parents who are in their 80's, each couple having a one bedroom suite. This property was wonderful, everything reported on Tripadvisor was spot on and we were also lucky to be blessed with warm weather. The hotel was immaculate, cleaning was always going on, rooms were cleaned in a timely manner and we never needed to ask for forgotten items. The morning buffet breakfast was better than many others I have encountered and nobody frowned when my Mum took a muffin to her room for afternoon snack. The views from our 10th floor suites were stunning and the boardwalk was a safe and easy walk for my elderly parents who took great pride in noting the mile markers along the way. While many of the local shops were still in sleep mode we managed to get our retail therapy at Lynnhaven mall not too far away by car. Had a wonderful dinner at Tautogs - again chosen from the reviews on Tripadvisor. This property deserves its # 1 ranking.

• Liked — spaciousness of the one bedroom suite
  • Disliked — no onsite restaurant
2 Thank cheopat
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2008

My family and I we are actually visiting this hotel right now - Mar. 13, 2008. The whole area is still a little slow as the season starts later but I want to say few words about this hotel and the entire Virginia Beach. This is our third visit here, second time to the same hotel and I have to say that we love it. Especially during the summer. The hotel is great. Extremely clean with a great hot breakfast and awesome pool and Jacuzzi. It is located right on the beach and the main strip. When booking, do not worries about the ocean view, all the rooms have ocean view. Book it with your eyes closed.

• Liked — Location, Location, Location - Clean, Clean, Clean
  • Disliked — Nothing
3 Thank grzes
va
Reviewed March 7, 2008

We just came back from a one night stay at Springhill Suites in Virginia Beach. I want to thank you all for your reviews. My kids were on spring break and the kids made a list of things to do and one was to stay at a hotel on the beach. After searching for many days I thought that I had decided on the new Hilton but the reviews were so mixed. Then I looked on tripadvisor and noticed that they had the hotels ranked. When I saw that Springhill was #1 I looked at the reviews and I could not find one that was bad. The rooms seemed nice online and spacious for the price plus breakfast but some times hotels do not live up to the pictures or information on their websites. The hotel is very clean and the staff is excellent. I requested a high floor. When we checked in at 2pm we were given a floor on the 11th floor. The room was very nice and clean with plenty of towels and washcloths. I liked the feature of the separate bedroom. We stayed in a one bedroom suite. It was very spacious for me, 2 kids, grandma and my husband joined us early that morning. The balcony was great. Jodi at the desk even called after we settled in to make sure that everything was fine. (that was a first for us at any hotel) The kids spent 4 hours in the pool most of the time it was just the 2 of them since the hotel was not full. We had a great time. Breakfast was better than the usual continental although we did not notice the waffle maker until our second trip. An extra treat! Thanks Springhill for living up to your website!

3 Thank drbakerrx