“Great hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
North Olmsted
“Great hotel”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This hotel is a really great hotel. Perfect for families. We had a king suite. The bed was very comfortable. The sitting/kitchen area was perfect too. It was nice to have a small living room with a tv to sit and watch when we didn't want to be sitting on the bed. The in room wifi was great too. The outdoor pool area is very nice too. There is a pool bar/restaurant that is wonderful too. We ate lunch there two days and it was perfect. We spent the entire day at the beach and ran up there to grab a burger and it was the best. The workout room was small but worked as well as the indoor pool. The breakfast was just ok, lines are very long later in the morning. But it was free, so I won't complain too much.

I really enjoyed our stay at the SpringHill, it is a very nice hotel and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
FairfieldManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad to hear that you had the opportunity to experience all of our amenities and facilities. We appreciate your taking the time to complete a review and hope you will visit us again when you take a vacation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed August 4, 2011

After staying three days in Norfolk, VA for a wedding, my family decided to visit Virginia Beach for the first time. We LOVED the hotel room, TWO flatscreens, the fridge access and being cold and ready, and the view from our room. We were only going to stay one night, but Holleigh at the front desk, was very helpful in securing another wonderful room at a very fair rate. She was friendly and quick to help us with our room. As a mom, I appreciated all of the towels, the showers off the beach, the security, and the elaborate breakfasts offered each morning. It was a nice get-a-way in beautiful, but child friendly hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for your kind comments. I am proud to hear that Holleigh made such a difference in your stay. She will be recognized for her efforts. I hope you and your family have another opportunity to visit us in the future!
Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed here last week for 5 nights. I'm just now accumulating my Marriott points, so it was on the expensive side, but if I'm going to the beach, I'm going to the beach and I'm staying oceanfront! Let me start by saying, I am a self proclaimed hotel diva and I expect a lot from a hotel. Our check in was not very smooth, so I was a little worried after that, but it definitely got better. We arrived at 4:00 on a Sunday, along with just about everyone else staying there that week! We were told our room was not ready but we were given an access key for the pool etc. We were told we would be called when it was ready. We decided to hang out in the lobby to wait beacuse I didn't feel like dragging out all of the beach/swimming stuff, getting wet and then having to check in and unpack. I like to check in and unpack first and get all of that organized before "starting the vacation". As we sat there, we started to see people arriving after us and getting their rooms. Finally, after an hour, we approached the desk and of course, yes-our room was ready but they just hadn't had the chance to call us yet. I was a little irritated, but moved on. We got to our room and discovered our air conditioner wasn't working - and this was during the 95+ heat wave. We called and someone from maintenance promptly arrived. He said it was working but wasn't set properly. He also climbed up and cleaned the vents a bit. It took several hours, but it did eventually cool down and was fine the rest of the week. The only other issue we had was, on our last night while we were packing up to leave, we discovered a shoe under one of the beds and it wasn't ours. That concerned me a bit as well as to how well the room had been cleaned before we arrived and during our stay. But other than those issues, it was a very nice stay and a nice property. We had a 2 Queen Studio suite. We have 2 kids and it woud have been nice to have the little extra room a 1 Bedroom suite provides. I'll know better next time. Also, the rooms on the 2nd floor have a HUGE balcony where the rest of the rooms have very tiny ones. It was difficult for all 4 of us to be out there at the same time (only 2 chairs). Next time I'll request the 2nd floor. The breakfast was nice, but crowded like other reviewers have said. I think 9:30 is a bit early for it to end - for those of us who like to sleep in a bit on vacation. We found if we got there by 8:00-8:15 at the latest, the crowds weren't too bad. But the seating is scarce as well. It is in a great location and within walking distance of just about everything. The only 2 times we took out our car was to drive to a restaurant off the main strip and to drive to Motorworld for go-carting. We didn't use the indoor pool, but the outdoor pool was very nice and spacious. No problems getting a chair even in the middle of the afternoon. The poolside bar was nice too! Overall, I would recommend this hotel and will return.

Room Tip: 2nd Floor for large balcony.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the feedback and recommendation on your recent visit. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and want to return. I do apologize that you experienced some issues, but appreciate your patience and the opprotunity to correct them for you. We look forward to your visiting again the next time you are in Virginia Beach!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We just enjoyed a five day/night visit to VA Beach at the Springhill Suites. We had a great time (Mom, Dad, 2 teens)! The room was cheery and it was great to have extra space and 2 tvs. The location right on the beach is excellent! We used both pools and hot tubs in addition to the beach. The complimentry breakfast and wifi was nice. The breakfast area gets quite crowdedduring the last 30-45 minutes, so made sure we were down for breakfast before then. Loved watching fireworks from our balcony 2 of the nights of our stay. We used Marriott points, so I don't know what the room rates are, but we enjoyed this hotel and it's amenities.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank jbarnett01
FairfieldManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to complete a review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Positive guest comments, such as yours, are crucial to assure that we are maintaining the level of quality and service that you expect and deserve. We look forward to being your hotel of choice whenever you are in Virginia Beach!
CT
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This was our third summer staying at this hotel. It is defintely family friendly. My children ages 13-18 keep asking to come back. The staff is friendly and accomadating. There is an adequate breakfast. Everone enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi. We will be back!
One thiing I did notice this year, the jacuzzi was not vaccuumed during our stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
FairfieldManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
Thank you for choosing to come back and stay with us. We appreciate your kind comments. I am proud to hear that our staff made a difference in your stay and that your family wants to continue to return. As you can imagine, the sand is a constant battle at the beach, but I will certainly follow up with our maintenance team regarding whirlpool vacuuming. We look forward to the next time you can visit us in Virginia Beach!
Bowling Green
Reviewed July 27, 2011

This was a very clean, modern hotel. And every room faced the ocean... a bonus! The staff was very friendly and helpful. Anything we needed from the front desk or housekeeping was promptly brought up to us. The rooms were spacious and newer-looking. The free breakfast was fabulous! Almost any food you could think of. My kids really liked the waffle station. And they were constantly refilling the pans. We liked that this hotel was on the south end of the beach, which was a bit quieter in the evenings.

1 Thank KathyBowlingGreen
Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and hope your kids found the teddy bears at the waffle station! We appreciate your taking the time to complete a review and hope you will visit us again when you take a vacation to Virginia Beach!
Richmond, VA
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We had a wonderful time at this hotel. Loved the layout of the one bedroom suite, especially that you can enter the bathroom from the main living area or the bedroom. The location is great, walking distance to some good restarurants and the beach playground. I will agree with some of the other reviewers that we found our room to be very dusty and the sheets were rough on your skin due to wrinkles. The only other complaint I have is that the indoor pool area smells so strong of chlorine that we couldnt even stay in there. I understand that you need the chlorine but we have been in plenty of indoor pool areas that didnt burn the eyes. This was a big bummer because we purposefully chose to have a hotel with an indoor pool.
Overall, though a nice place and we will probably return.

1 Thank Stephwhitt604
FairfieldManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 23, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. Your comments are very important to us and greatly appreciated. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the suite layout. We are still working with our laundry facility to improve the quality of the linens, and I have addressed the chlorine concern with our maintenance team. We value you as a guest and we want to make sure we are meeting your needs and exceeding your expectations. See you next time!