“Phenomenal!”

Ranked #126 of 1,559 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The oceanfront's only Beatles memorabilia themed restaurant that offers a fun and casual boardwalk atmosephere with inside and outside patio dining and simply prepared fresh seafood for the entire family.
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Some of the best bar staff in the business. Waiter was prompt and provided great services as well . We enjoyed the atmosphere and upbeat staff. Seafood was simply amazing!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Rockfish is the only spot we wanted to experience twice. They know how to do seafood right. Tried Waterman's and Rockfish was far better quality food at a cheaper price. Would definitely visit again.

1  Thank VDubG
Dave1897, General Manager at RockFish Boardwalk Bar and Seagrill, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

I am so glad you guys had a great time when you dined with us. I hope you come back and see us the next time you are in Virginia Beach.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Our family has been going to Rockfish since they opened. This continues to be our go-to spot. The kids love it because it's upbeat and we love it because the food is extrodinary. The staff is energetic. No slow service here! Our server Sam Stephens was on the ball every moment. My water glass stayed full. Overall, it's always a very pleasant experience. Our family highly recommends Rockfish! Oh, earlier in the week we had a server named Spencer (didn't catch his last name) and he was an amazing person too! Thank you Rockfish for always making our vacation over the top!

2  Thank Kendra666
Reviewed August 11, 2013

It was an amazing evening. The appetizers (jumbo steamed shrimp) were fantastic, the drinks were tasty and the service was outstanding. For dinner we both had the Crab Stuffed Flounder and can not rave enough about it. The only problem that we have is that there is not one of these restaurants closer to our house. We will definitely be stopping here every time we are in the Virgina Beach area.

1  Thank Donniedarko1085
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We ate here later on a Friday evening (around 8) our first night arriving. party of 5 but were told was self seating on patio as was wait for restaurant (told same menu, etc.). Service was simply awful and food was just average. Server continuously forgot about us and other tables around us (i.e. had to ask for menus, had to ask for silverware). Then when food finally arrived, 4 people in party had food arrive and my meal took another 10 minutes (was just salmon so shouldn't take that long). I insisted everyone eat so they all finished while I waited except for my husband who refused until my food arrived so his was cold. Mgr came out and apologized but got defensive when I complained as this was one of many issues we had had. He took 20% off bill but I would never recommend. Also, bar patrons were there visiting their girlfriends who worked there, lots of inappropriate comments and just a general "casualness" amongst the staff who were hanging with their friends while they were supposed to be working and having no regard for language around customers/families. It's a shame since place has great spot on beach and outdoor location but I would never go back.