“Good Food”

Ranked #220 of 1,427 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The oceanfront's only Beatles memorabilia themed restaurant that offers a fun and casual boardwalk atmosephere with inside and outside patio dining and simply prepared fresh seafood for the entire family.
Manassas, Virginia
“Good Food”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Rockfish offers good food convenient to beachgoers, prices are slightly high yet still hits in the midrange of restaurants.

Toronto, Canada
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Service was very good. Great location overlooking the ocean. The presentation of our food was very professional, but overall it tasted average. We found our meals too salty.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Best Food”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is our favorite place to eat when we come to Virginia beach. Crab cake is the best here and must try the chicken nachos. Good prices too. The service is always great and they had a band!

Visited August 2012
va beach
“WILL NEVER EAT HERE AGAIN”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I stopped at Rockfish last night for dinner. It is Labor day weekend so we expected it to be crowded. The hostess told us it was a 45 minute wait. There were 3 empty (and completely cleared) tables outside so my husband asked if those were available. She took a piece of paper and shoved it in his face and said "i told you there is a waiting list". So incredibly rude. we thought maybe those were a separate list? Anyway she was so rude and snotty and after she shoved that paper in my husband's face I would NEVER go there again. And we live in Virginia Beach and have been there several times. There was no need to be so rude to us. I will spend my money somewhere else.

3 Thank scubadyvr
Alexandria, VA
“Dinner was good”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I had high hopes for this place, but it's in a really busy part of the beach and right on the boardwalk. We sat outside and during part of our dinner they had a guitarist in their outdoor bar. He was excellent and provided a really nice accompaniment to our dinner. Our server was a nice enough guy who got our order right and seemed to be reasonably attentive considering how busy the place was. We started out with fried calamari, which was pretty good and some raw oysters. The oysters were fine, but were missing horseradish.

I had broiled mahi mahi which was very good, along with some fresh squash/broccoli/mushrooms, etc., which were also very good. Mashed potatoes were delicious, but I am not big on mashed. Husband had broiled rockfish. Son had elbow macaroni with butter and cheese, I stole his marinara since he didn't like it and put it on my fish. Our fish was cooked perfectly.

Their gimmick is that you pick your fish and your method of cooking it and for an additional $4 to $10 you can add a fish topper. There's 4 or 5 different ones. Interesting, but if I have already paid $18 for fish do I want to pay another $10 for what you are going to spread on top? We both said no.

It was nice sitting outside and we had a couple of relaxing beers. The music was even more relaxing and we were laughing and having fun, so it was a nice evening with a tasty dinner.

Visited August 2012