“Comfortable stay in The Flagship Inn, Virginia Beach”

Howard Johnson Virginia Beach At The Beach
Ranked #92 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My stay in the Flagship Inn, Virginia Beach, 29 May, 2013, was quite comfortable! Dan showed me to a room that had just been freshly renovated with new paint, new carpet and a new bathroom. It was in a quiet part of the building and I was able to sleep soundly in preparation for my business meetings. Well done, Dan! Thank you!

Room Tip: This accommodation was much quieter than the other one down the street.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 3, 2013

There was feces in our toilet when we arrived. Bugs flying around the room. Urine in the stairwell. Do yourself a favor and pay the extra $50 to stay somewhere else. We didn't even stay after walking in and seeing the disgusting room.

• Stayed: June 2013
6  Thank msteaa
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Do your self a favor and book at another motel. Floors are so dirty that it turned my kids feet black. The towels are worn out and are mismatched, a lot of mold on the shower curtain, cigarette burns in the carpet, the whole room has a really foul odor. There were empty beer bottles in the stairway. There is never anyone in the office, there is no wifi. And "dan" doesn't honor his advertised prices, those rooms just mysteriously vanish.

6  Thank Futured
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Nice but the maid was terrible fire her where the couple they have more concerns and managed it better then the owner the hotel is what you pay for just need up graded more employees the desk clerk need to be there 24txt hrs need postive and trustworthy ppl

3  Thank shelly945
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I will start by saying I frequent Virginia Beach quite often, so I knew to expect very little with this hotel. I booked this hotel at the last minute for 2 nights through www.visitvirginiabeach.com. The website states is is non-smoking and no pets allowed. Upon arriving at the hotel I was told the rate I booked was no longer valid that it was suppose to be $10 more. When I responded that if that was the case then I should not have been allowed to book at the stated rate the desk clerk did not put up an arguement and honered the price. When I parked my vehicle I saw someone getting on the elevator with a dog so I guess they do allow pets. The room had a very heavy smoke smell in it that does not come from someone just lighting up this room definey allowed smoking. I asked for a reciept when I checked out and it stated on the reciept there was a fine for smoking apparently this is not enforced. The towels that were provided were disgusting and I was told they don't have washclothes. There was a door separating my room from the one next door one of locks was missing and there was a washcloth stuck in it so you could not see through to the next room. I guess that is were they have all gone too haha. There was no maid service given and we had to ask for additonal towels were looked even worse the second day. It does appear to be a residential hotel and the characters roming around made me sure that I would leave nothing of value in the room.On the positive side the carpets and bed linens were very clean. The employees are extremely nice but they really don't have much to work with. This hotel is in such a great location and really has so much potential it is a real shame that the owners don't invest a small bit of money and make this a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank loveatrip70
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Mold, mildew, roaches, the homeless, drugs and noise made this one terrible stay. It is hard to imagine a hotel any worse than this place. First, the office staff is never around except to take your money. We tried to get someone to clean our room and some towels. Finally after hours a guy came running into our room unannounced with a dirty towel and "wiped up". He said he was the owner and going through a divorce... it was gross and he looked homeless himself. We asked for a refund and he said, "sorry I have to speak to my partners". We checked out the next day without a refund. During our stay we suffered through mold and bugs. The other guest never sleep. Shouting all night, dogs barking and some really creepy people - DON'TBRING KIDS HERE.

We kept noticing the owner hanging out with guests and had a party in in room on the first floor.

We intend to contact the board of health and better business bureau.

We cancelled our credit card charge, you should too.

5  Thank MSimons
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel one night over Labor Day weekend while waiting for the rest of my party to arrive. The best thing about the Flagship Inn, in my humble opinion, was the very accommodating staff, especially the owner Dan. All were extremely helpful, and Dan even let me use his cell phone to call my boyfriend to check in when mine had died! The location to the beach is great (across the street) and the place was affordable and clean. I would stay here again, if I ever get back to VA Beach.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo