1,519 results
All reviews lager heads sun deck front desk free beach chairs indoor outdoor pool across the street rocking chairs beautiful hotel self parking virginia beach oceanfront breakfast buffet king suite valet service ocean view third floor hotel restaurant off season
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

Employee was very rude like she was passed at the world. When it was addressed with a manager he said he would investigate the incident but never took our names or asked for room numbers and then just proceeded to walk away as if nothing had happened even though the employee was right there. I expected a lot more from a hotel of this caliber. I'm not sure if I would ever stay with them again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Adam B
Marvin M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2018

Hello Adam B,

Thank you for your feedback about the service that you received from our hotel. I apologized about the lackluster service that you received during your stay and this is completely unacceptable. I'd like to look into this more and correct it if you can provide more details about the situation as this is not how we run our business. Our goal is to exceed guest expectations all the time and I want to address this issue to assure no one experience this service . You can reach me at marvin.matias@hiltongardeninnvb.com. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed May 17, 2018

The staff was very polite and helpful. Rooms were clean and the view was great. Food was delicious. Parking is across the street but it's convenient and an easy walk, even in high heels. I would choose this hotel again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kristin M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2018

shootingstar1996, Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to future visits from you!

Reviewed May 16, 2018

Such a fun place with a great team! Everyone from the valet to the housekeeper and in between went out of their way to make us feel right at home. You could say the entire stay was Aces, in my book! Will be back and soon!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kristin M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2018

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for recognizing our team for their service. We look forward to future visits from you and your family!

Reviewed May 15, 2018

We had to wait 45 mintues to be checked in while other guest were handed their key. Front desk didn't seem to be concerned that I had repeatably informed them that my handicapped mother needed to rest. Not only that but this is the 2nd time this happened. We thought last year it was a flute. Guess not. Great location just be prepared their lack of customer service.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kristin M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2018

926jong, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are so sorry for the delay in preparing your room, we do our best to accommodate all of our guests in a timely manner and we apologize for falling short in meeting your needs. We do hope you will give us the opportunity to show you the level of customer service we expect for our guests. Again we do apologize and feel free to contact me in the event you do return so I can ensure we are well prepared for you all, kristin.milleson@hilton.com.

Reviewed May 14, 2018

BEWARE, families with small children and babies. My husband and I came here for Mother's Day weekend with our one-year-old. The restaurant adjoined to this hotel has very loud live music going on until 11:00pm. We thought this was a family friendly place. We were on the 10th floor it sounded like there was a concert going on right outside our balcony door. There is no reason to have the amp up so high. We were told nothing could be done about it. We were told this goes on every night during the summer. For $350 plus/ night, you're much better off staying somewhere else if you want your kids to get a peaceful night's rest.

Also, We were very aggressively approached by a Diamond Resorts representative named Gloria in our hotel lobby. She was presumably also the hotel concierge. She said she had something “very exciting” and “perfect” for our family to do during our stay. She coerced us into “viewing a brand new hotel that Hilton just opened next door to see if it is a place we might consider staying at for future vacations.” That is exactly what we were told. She promised it would be no longer than 90 minutes and that we could simply cut the tour short if our baby became fussy without any problems. She said that there was a $20 holding fee that would be refunded automatically for just showing up. In return for touring this new hotel, we were promised a $100 Visa gift card. My husband and I agreed to this, fully unaware that what we were actually committing to was a sales pitch to purchase a timeshare.
We arrived punctually at 8:15 AM for the tour, expecting to be taken directly next door to Ocean Beach Club. Instead, Gloria escorted us to the Diamond Resorts sales office across the street where we waited 15 minutes to be assigned to a salesperson. We were paired with a sales associate named Cathy. We were escorted upstairs to sit at a table with Cathy for about an hour, waiting for the tour. While she made small talk with us and asked personal questions to gage our income and level interest, our baby became restless and tired. Rather than accommodating us and moving things along, she insisted that we wait. We repeatedly told her we were not interested in purchasing a timeshare for various reasons, yet she asked for our identification to run a credit check on us. At this point we wanted to get out of there. We were growing concerned about the time and our daughter’s wellbeing. All we wanted was to collect our “gift,” get our $20 refund, and get our baby back to the hotel so she could eat and take a nap. She reassured us that the tour was quick, so we reluctantly complied.
During the tour, our daughter was becoming increasingly fatigued and fussy. Cathy ignored this and insisted that we finish the process. By the time we were escorted back to the sales office, it was 9:55. Cathy insisted that we wait in the lounge area to answer further questions and complete a survey before we could get our refund and gift. Our daughter was crying and screaming at this point. I asked to speak with Cathy’s manager and made it very clear that we were very upset by this experience. The sales manager was with a different family so we would have to wait. As our daughter grew more out of control, we were asked to move to a different area, away from the other customers. Michelle Jabeur was the sales manager that spoke to us. She was extremely inconsiderate, disrespectful, and unprofessional. There was absolutely no compassion for a crying baby that just needed to be fed and put down for her nap. I took a video of our baby screaming while we felt like we were being held hostage in this sales office. Cathy lied to Michelle and claimed that our daughter had been fine the entire time.
I have never experienced a more dishonest, aggressive, sleazy, unethical, and unprofessional attempt at making a sale. My husband and I were mortified and irate. We finally got back to our hotel almost two hours later. The experience was definitely not worth the $100 gift card. If we had terminated the tour, we would not have been refunded the $20 holding fee we were charged to show up. There was no way I was walking out of there without my refund. Why would I pay for an experience like this? Had we been told truthfully what we were signing up for, we would have politely declined and chosen to enjoy our Saturday morning at the beach. This was such an emotionally distressing experience, I sincerely doubt we will ever want to come back to this beach. I went on Better Business Bureau’s website and looked up the reviews for Diamond Resorts. Not surprisingly, there were multiple poorly rated reviews and specific comments about their aggressive, high pressure sales tactics and dishonesty. Why on earth would Hilton want to be associated with them? I want to do my best to ensure that other naive guests do not get lured into the same unfortunate trap. I filed two complaints with the Better Business Bureau against Diamond Resorts and Hilton. My husband suggested I share this experience with a news station along with the video of our baby screaming in the sales office while the sales team made a simple process miserable, however, I am choosing to protect our family’s privacy unless we are contacted by media through the Better Business Bureau.
“No” means “no, not interested, no thank you.” Cathy and Michelle both had the opportunity to show compassion towards a hungry and tired baby and cut things short, yet they made their greedy sales tactics the priority. I took a picture of Michelle’s name tag for documentation (not her face) and she got very angry. What a horrible experience with this company and Hilton. Needless to say, this is not a classy establishment, and Hilton is not a classy place to stay if this is what they expose their guests to. After sharing what happened with Gloria when we got back to the hotel, she put on her best sympathy act and feigned shock, yet my husband saw her sending another family with a baby on the same “tour” later that afternoon while he was speaking with the manager. She is a dishonest, greedy woman just out to meet her daily quota. I will say that Mr. Matias, who was acting hotel manager that day, was kind and professional and handled the situation the best he could. We were at least grateful for that. We will not be back. What angered us the most was the lack of consideration for an innocent baby. We do not want other families to be subjected to this unethical treatment.

2  Thank Katie B

Katie B, Our sincere apologies for the issues you encountered during your stay, from the music to the concierge. It can be a difficult balance for the property to entertain all guests but we work very hard to accommodate all, we apologize again that we were unable to meet your expectations during this visit. We are grateful for the time you have taken to share these comments with us so we can work with our partners at Diamond Resorts to correct these issues immediately, the way you were treated is certainly unacceptable and does not represent our property standards. Feel free to reach out to me via email if you have any further concerns, kristin.milleson@hilton.com.