1,498 results
All reviews lager heads sun deck front desk free beach chairs indoor outdoor pool across the street rocking chairs beautiful hotel self parking valet staff virginia beach oceanfront breakfast buffet king suite ocean view third floor hotel restaurant off season
Reviewed May 15, 2018

We had to wait 45 mintues to be checked in while other guest were handed their key. Front desk didn't seem to be concerned that I had repeatably informed them that my handicapped mother needed to rest. Not only that but this is the 2nd time this happened. We thought last year it was a flute. Guess not. Great location just be prepared their lack of customer service.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kristin M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2018

926jong, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are so sorry for the delay in preparing your room, we do our best to accommodate all of our guests in a timely manner and we apologize for falling short in meeting your needs. We do hope you will give us the opportunity to show you the level of customer service we expect for our guests. Again we do apologize and feel free to contact me in the event you do return so I can ensure we are well prepared for you all, kristin.milleson@hilton.com.

Reviewed May 14, 2018

BEWARE, families with small children and babies. My husband and I came here for Mother's Day weekend with our one-year-old. The restaurant adjoined to this hotel has very loud live music going on until 11:00pm. We thought this was a family friendly place. We were on the 10th floor it sounded like there was a concert going on right outside our balcony door. There is no reason to have the amp up so high. We were told nothing could be done about it. We were told this goes on every night during the summer. For $350 plus/ night, you're much better off staying somewhere else if you want your kids to get a peaceful night's rest.

Also, We were very aggressively approached by a Diamond Resorts representative named Gloria in our hotel lobby. She was presumably also the hotel concierge. She said she had something “very exciting” and “perfect” for our family to do during our stay. She coerced us into “viewing a brand new hotel that Hilton just opened next door to see if it is a place we might consider staying at for future vacations.” That is exactly what we were told. She promised it would be no longer than 90 minutes and that we could simply cut the tour short if our baby became fussy without any problems. She said that there was a $20 holding fee that would be refunded automatically for just showing up. In return for touring this new hotel, we were promised a $100 Visa gift card. My husband and I agreed to this, fully unaware that what we were actually committing to was a sales pitch to purchase a timeshare.
We arrived punctually at 8:15 AM for the tour, expecting to be taken directly next door to Ocean Beach Club. Instead, Gloria escorted us to the Diamond Resorts sales office across the street where we waited 15 minutes to be assigned to a salesperson. We were paired with a sales associate named Cathy. We were escorted upstairs to sit at a table with Cathy for about an hour, waiting for the tour. While she made small talk with us and asked personal questions to gage our income and level interest, our baby became restless and tired. Rather than accommodating us and moving things along, she insisted that we wait. We repeatedly told her we were not interested in purchasing a timeshare for various reasons, yet she asked for our identification to run a credit check on us. At this point we wanted to get out of there. We were growing concerned about the time and our daughter’s wellbeing. All we wanted was to collect our “gift,” get our $20 refund, and get our baby back to the hotel so she could eat and take a nap. She reassured us that the tour was quick, so we reluctantly complied.
During the tour, our daughter was becoming increasingly fatigued and fussy. Cathy ignored this and insisted that we finish the process. By the time we were escorted back to the sales office, it was 9:55. Cathy insisted that we wait in the lounge area to answer further questions and complete a survey before we could get our refund and gift. Our daughter was crying and screaming at this point. I asked to speak with Cathy’s manager and made it very clear that we were very upset by this experience. The sales manager was with a different family so we would have to wait. As our daughter grew more out of control, we were asked to move to a different area, away from the other customers. Michelle Jabeur was the sales manager that spoke to us. She was extremely inconsiderate, disrespectful, and unprofessional. There was absolutely no compassion for a crying baby that just needed to be fed and put down for her nap. I took a video of our baby screaming while we felt like we were being held hostage in this sales office. Cathy lied to Michelle and claimed that our daughter had been fine the entire time.
I have never experienced a more dishonest, aggressive, sleazy, unethical, and unprofessional attempt at making a sale. My husband and I were mortified and irate. We finally got back to our hotel almost two hours later. The experience was definitely not worth the $100 gift card. If we had terminated the tour, we would not have been refunded the $20 holding fee we were charged to show up. There was no way I was walking out of there without my refund. Why would I pay for an experience like this? Had we been told truthfully what we were signing up for, we would have politely declined and chosen to enjoy our Saturday morning at the beach. This was such an emotionally distressing experience, I sincerely doubt we will ever want to come back to this beach. I went on Better Business Bureau’s website and looked up the reviews for Diamond Resorts. Not surprisingly, there were multiple poorly rated reviews and specific comments about their aggressive, high pressure sales tactics and dishonesty. Why on earth would Hilton want to be associated with them? I want to do my best to ensure that other naive guests do not get lured into the same unfortunate trap. I filed two complaints with the Better Business Bureau against Diamond Resorts and Hilton. My husband suggested I share this experience with a news station along with the video of our baby screaming in the sales office while the sales team made a simple process miserable, however, I am choosing to protect our family’s privacy unless we are contacted by media through the Better Business Bureau.
“No” means “no, not interested, no thank you.” Cathy and Michelle both had the opportunity to show compassion towards a hungry and tired baby and cut things short, yet they made their greedy sales tactics the priority. I took a picture of Michelle’s name tag for documentation (not her face) and she got very angry. What a horrible experience with this company and Hilton. Needless to say, this is not a classy establishment, and Hilton is not a classy place to stay if this is what they expose their guests to. After sharing what happened with Gloria when we got back to the hotel, she put on her best sympathy act and feigned shock, yet my husband saw her sending another family with a baby on the same “tour” later that afternoon while he was speaking with the manager. She is a dishonest, greedy woman just out to meet her daily quota. I will say that Mr. Matias, who was acting hotel manager that day, was kind and professional and handled the situation the best he could. We were at least grateful for that. We will not be back. What angered us the most was the lack of consideration for an innocent baby. We do not want other families to be subjected to this unethical treatment.

2  Thank Katie B

Katie B, Our sincere apologies for the issues you encountered during your stay, from the music to the concierge. It can be a difficult balance for the property to entertain all guests but we work very hard to accommodate all, we apologize again that we were unable to meet your expectations during this visit. We are grateful for the time you have taken to share these comments with us so we can work with our partners at Diamond Resorts to correct these issues immediately, the way you were treated is certainly unacceptable and does not represent our property standards. Feel free to reach out to me via email if you have any further concerns, kristin.milleson@hilton.com.

Reviewed May 13, 2018

We stayed here after just getting married on the beach. We called in the morning to see about an early check in and they called us back soon after to let us know our room was ready. We were checked in about 1pm after a sold out night. It was great! Our room was amazing. Corner junior suite overlooking the ocean. Seriously - I want to move my home to that room. But - they had some opportunities with staff. The hostess at Lager Head on Sunday afternoon was a little rude. Nicole, their "concierge" tried to sell us on a timeshare nearby versus providing any info about what to do or see. She called our room to offer coupons of places nearby - not only did we not get coupons, but we wasted 20 minutes with her pitch. I was trying to be nice and decline respectfully, but looking back, I wish I had just walked away at the first minute of her talking. On Monday morning, I went down to see if the had a dental kit. There was an omelette sitting on the front desk, but no agent... I waited. And waited. Then I looked over in the breakfast area and saw a girl chatting with the server. I asked if she was the FD agent and she seemed very annoyed with me. She quickly let me know they did not have a dental kit and did not offer any recommendations of where I could get one. Too concerned with eating her omelette clearly... They checked us out of our room prior to us actually checking out. We had a late check out and by 11am on the dot, we were checked out. We wanted to switch CCs, so that was a bit annoying. Valet damaged my husbands vehicle and it was handled poorly.

On a positive note, Donald at the front desk was beyond accommodating, knowledgeable, and genuinely seemed happy to help. There was a gentleman working valet that was super friendly as well - he wore glasses and I wish I remembered his name! And Charles at Lager Heads was awesome too!

Overall, it was an okay stay. I really expected more as far as service goes though.

Room tip: All rooms have ocean views, but the corner ones are the best!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlisaG215
Kristin M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2018

Alisa G, Congratulations on your wedding! We are sorry to hear you experienced some issues during your stay and will be sure to follow up with our team on those concerns. We do appreciate you recognizing the associates that did go above and beyond as this is the hospitality you deserved and should have received from everyone. Again, we do appreciate your feedback and take it very personally, we hope you all will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future and thank you for your stay.

Reviewed May 12, 2018

My wife and I stayed here for 2 days for our wedding on the beach, we found it a better hotel overall than the other competitors on the oceanfront. Almost zero issues with the staff, except for them not carrying spare amenities (toothbrush) at the front desk. I valet parked my car when we checked in, and 20 minutes later I had to drop my future wife off to get her hair done for our wedding that evening, and I noticed that I had a deep paint scratch on my rear bumper of my brand new car. I immediately reported it to the hotel and stood around until they figured out how to fill out an incident report. I waited 3 days to hear anything back from the General Manager and when I was finally contacted I was informed I would be contacted by their director of risk management. I never heard anything back until I received a letter in the mail informing me they would not be taking responsibility for the damage. I wasn't very upset, because it was very minor damage, but it was their fault, and it was the fact that they damaged my property that I wanted it taken care of. It's horrible business practice to lose a customer for less that $100 damage claim that your hotel so obviously caused, especially when you are coming off of giving your hotel over $700 in business. If you stay here, park your car yourself and avoid the pain.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank nateg11323
Marvin M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2018

Hello nateg11323,

Thank you for providing us with valuable feedback about your experience at our hotel and our valet service. We respect your opinion on how the situation was handled and the outcome. This certain incident is reviewed carefully to assure all protocols are followed and how we arrived with the decision . If you have further questions of how we arrived at this decision feel free to contact us. Please accept our sincerest apologies. Have a great day!

Reviewed May 9, 2018

This hotel is fine if you don’t plan on spending a lot of time in it during your stay. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Valet was great. Not the cleanest in any area, the hall carpets were stained, elevators not very clean. Not a hotel you’d feel comfy going barefoot in. Scratchy towels as well.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kristin M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2018

justjuni2018, Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your visit, we thank you for providing us with feedback and we will address your concerns with our team. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you!