“Best Filet”

Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Best Filet”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

The filet is awesome for 31 dollars but the 38 dollar ribeye was aweful. We didnt send it back because it took so long for the food to arrive to start with. Not too sure if I would return to a such an expensive place without great taste.

• Visited May 2014

Leesburg, Virginia
“Best Restaurant we have been to in a while ”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I don't know what the prior reviews were talking about, the music was low and great -Lou Reed, Simon and Garfunkel, as examples. waitress was wonderfully attentive, and offered great recommendations, food was excellent, skewers, pork, fillet and Caesar salad, that our child even enjoyed. The owner was nice enough to provide the info on purchasing the glasses and a unique skewer holder; the place settings and china were artisan like and very cool. We will most definitely be back whenever we hit the beach again!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Service good. Ambience horrible!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Our adult family of five ate hear this afternoon for my husband's birthday. First two things we noticed when we entered. The front and back doors were open. Note the temperature outside was about 50 degrees. Needless to say, there was a very chilly breeze in the dining area. The loud rap music playing would have been expected if we were eating at a pizza joint. Our waitress changed the music to some very nice dining music. After about a half hour, my son finally asked if the back door could be closed. We were freezing. The waitress asked the cooks to please close the back door. The cooks ignored her request. Ten minutes later, I asked the cooks myself to please close the back door. With some back talk, they finally closed the door and the last 15 minutes of our meal were eaten in a more comfortable temperature. However, the cooks then decided to turn on their own music. So, we listened to our easy dinner music and rap music at the same time. I should mention that our table was located about six feet from the open cooking area. I had requested to speak to the manager but decided it wasn't worth my time. If the manager was onsite, which I was told he / she was, they could feel the cold air and hear the music themselves. It is worth my time to share our experience here, however. I rely on other reviewers and appreciate their honesty. If you are looking for good food AND a nice atmosphere, go somewhere else. If atmosphere isn't a concern, the food was indeed good. All five of us eat out several times a week but we won't be returning to Fire & Vine.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Cindy C
virginia beach
“Bad Valentines Day experience.”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Made reservations 3 weeks in advance, requested a romantic table, through open table at 5:30pm. Well, got a rude call day before saying if we are 5 mins late we will lose the reservation and we have to be done eating by 6:45. That should have been our sign. We arrived 10 minutes early, fairly empty restaurant but they seat us immediately beside the bar where some older, loud people are sitting drinking. My husband requested to be moved away from the bar to something more quiet, the hostess and waitress both rudely told us that the seats were reassigned and we couldn't be moved. Well we've been married 14 years so we thought we'd just stay because he had heard such raves about the food and had looked at the menu online and he already had an idea of what he wanted. Well, after realizing that the prices had been INCREASED by $8-$10 per entree that was enough for us. I told my husband that as long as we were together that's all that mattered. We got up and left. As we were walking out, 4 people were at the hostess stand, we stated we were leaving and why and the oldest woman standing there said, ok, goodbye. Will never go back there nor recommend anyone else to!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank jgatlin
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I will say the atmosphere of Fire and Vine was great but unfortunately the food and service was not great at all. For the price you have to pay for the food, I was expecting the food and service to be outstanding. I waited a hour an a half for my food to come out and when it did finally come out, my chicken & spinach was very cold. For this being my first visit, I was very disappointed. On the up side, the restrooms did offer mints and toothpicks! :)

• Visited January 2014