“Not Worth It”

Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Not Worth It”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

It is a little startling when one walks into a restaurant where you have a reservation and you are told to have a seat at the bar. Not the best way to start a new customer off at a restaurant. The hostess got us confused with another set of guests and basically blamed us for the mix up. The service was so-so. We had to remind our server to fill our water glasses. It took almost an hour to receive our entrees. The food is okay. My husband had the baby back ribs and honestly Frankie's are much better. The side of mac and cheese was alright. The corn bread was not the best. My salmon was good but it is hard to mess up salmon. The side of risotto was pretty tasteless. The prices of the food are for a 5-star restaurant but Fire & Vine is at best 2-star food.

• Visited February 2013

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Nice little place. Definitely try it again.”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Near Redmill, interesting menu choices, not a chain. They have self service wine tasting machines. You can see the kitchen and watch the cooking. Bar is well equipped. Three nice screens up high where tv can be glanced at while dining. A well thought out design.

Visited February 2013
Chesapeake, Virginia
“One of our favorites!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Great food & ambience! Wonderful place for a date night or out with a group of friends. We've never been disappointed.

Visited September 2012
Portsmouth, Virginia
“Lovely...”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The atmosphere is very upbeat. The wine selection is great! The wait staff is polite and accommodating.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Darrylswife0701
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great Evening Out!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I used to eat out ALOT.....but since we had a baby these trips have been few and far between. We had a date night planned and decided to hit up Fire and Vine; we went here once a couple of years back and had a nice experience. I noticed the place had changed a bit since the last time we were there, but it was for the better; the atmosphere was very nice and it didn't seem as empty as last time. The one and only negative occurred at the start of the meal, and that was when the first bottle of wine we selected was out of stock....no biggie, but it would have been nice to know first. Then, the 2nd bottle was also out of stock. I was starting to get pretty annoyed; I am not a wine person but this was taking forever! Finally the Manager suggested a bottle they DID have, and offered to discount it to the price we would have initially paid for the first bottle, which was totally fine. For our app, we opted for the shrimp skewer, which was really great. As for entrees, I had the Filet, which was cooked perfectly, and my husband had the Short Rib which was to die for.....we both honestly thought it was one of the best things we had ever eaten. Sure, we don't get out alot, but this meal was amazing. My filet was wonderful as well, but not much could compare to his meal. We finished off with creme brulee and coffee, and overall, while it was around $150 after tip, we both agreed this night was totally worth the money, something we don't often say. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone based on the dishes we had.

• Visited January 2013