“Great Evening Out!”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
“Great Evening Out!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I used to eat out ALOT.....but since we had a baby these trips have been few and far between. We had a date night planned and decided to hit up Fire and Vine; we went here once a couple of years back and had a nice experience. I noticed the place had changed a bit since the last time we were there, but it was for the better; the atmosphere was very nice and it didn't seem as empty as last time. The one and only negative occurred at the start of the meal, and that was when the first bottle of wine we selected was out of stock....no biggie, but it would have been nice to know first. Then, the 2nd bottle was also out of stock. I was starting to get pretty annoyed; I am not a wine person but this was taking forever! Finally the Manager suggested a bottle they DID have, and offered to discount it to the price we would have initially paid for the first bottle, which was totally fine. For our app, we opted for the shrimp skewer, which was really great. As for entrees, I had the Filet, which was cooked perfectly, and my husband had the Short Rib which was to die for.....we both honestly thought it was one of the best things we had ever eaten. Sure, we don't get out alot, but this meal was amazing. My filet was wonderful as well, but not much could compare to his meal. We finished off with creme brulee and coffee, and overall, while it was around $150 after tip, we both agreed this night was totally worth the money, something we don't often say. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone based on the dishes we had.

“Consistently Good”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Fire & Vine - like many of Virginia Beach's restaurants in a hidden gem in a strip mall..Once you enter, you forget about the location. The food is great. the service is great the wine selection is pretty good and the prices are very reasonable for the quality of food.

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Deliciously Consistent”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

So I've had the pleasure of eating at Fire and Vine three times now. Two of these experiences were birthdays and one of them was with a friend for restaurant week. Both birthday dinners were fantastic, but this review will focus on my most recent visit. I wanted to try the restaurant's offerings for the Virginia Beach restaurant week and I wasn't disappointed. The atmosphere in the restaurant is always nice. My friend and I went on a Saturday night with 9:00 pm reservations. It was quite packed so we ended up waiting about 15 minutes for a table. That's understandable for a Saturday night. The hostess was very good at keeping us up to date on the status of our table.

After being seated we ordered the tenderloin skewer and the flat-bread for appetizers. The tenderloin was flavorful, but the flat-bread stole the show. It blended the creaminess of the goat cheese, the sweetness of the grapes, and the tartness of the balsamic glaze perfectly. My friend had the salmon and I had the rotisserie chicken for our entrees. I didn't try her salmon so I can't speak for her, but my chicken was quite good. The only gripe I have with it is that I wish the Shiraz BBQ sauce was more prominent and not just brushed on the plate because the chicken without the sauce was a bit salty.

Finally we ended the night with creme brulee which had the perfect consistency. It was deliciously warm and felt like mother's love. It was a great end to the dinner. Our waiter was pretty attentive and I must say my water glass was never half empty. I also enjoyed the Washington Apple cocktail that I had. It warmed me right up. The price was fantastic considering the main entree was typically the price of my entire meal because of restaurant week. So all in all I enjoyed our trip to Fire and Vine.

“Quiet Place for Lunch”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Fire and Vine has a great menu of grilled food and oven baked pizzas. I went with a business associate, and he had the pizza and I had the fish tacos (talapia). The wine list was good and the prices are reasonable. I had a "Steen" from South Africa.
Lunch is very quiet, only a few tables were served. This was great for a business meeting romantic lunch. Happy hour and dinner get a lot busier.
The aromas are great when you walk in. If you have a craving for meat on the grill,.this is one of the best places.

VA Beach
“Just OK”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This was my first experience, and most likely my last. Every thing was just ok, but it was over priced for what was presented. I would not recommend this restaurant due to value.

• Visited December 2012