“"Wonderful oasis right on the boardwalk"”

Salacia Prime Seafood and Steaks Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Salacia Prime Seafood and Steaks Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 1,427 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 31st Street & Atlantic Ave
Description: As Virginia’s only AAA 4-Diamond Steakhouse and recipient of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, Salacia offers an unparalleled oceanfront dining experience featuring culinary delights, artistic presentation and extraordinary service in an intimate environment.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“"Wonderful oasis right on the boardwalk"”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I selected Salacia for a quiet and special birthday dinner and we were so glad we did! As Virginia Beach locals, we usually avoid the Oceanfront area during the summer, but we so appreciated this little oasis in the middle of a busy boardwalk location. The quality of the food was surpassed only by the superb service provided by the entire staff, but especially by our waiter Erol, who had just the right touch of being there when you needed him, but not hovering. Thanks for my special birthday dessert and a truly memorable evening in our own hometown.

• Visited July 2013
Nikolay D, General Manager at Salacia Prime Seafood and Steaks Restaurant, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you for allowing us to be part of your special occasion and the nice review. We are looking forward your next visit.

Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent view/seating but below average food...”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I am a foodie and I'm willing to shell out the almost $200 that a nice meal can cost. We checked out Salacia on a recent trip to VA Beach and enjoyed the private outdoor seating. We shared a spacious table with cushioned outdoor benches that we comfortable and relaxing. The service was fantastic and our server was very attentive. The problem is that the food did not live up to the restaurant. My salad (goat cheese and pear) was delicious and if the meal had stopped there, I would have been impressed. However, I order the Surf and Turf and received an over-cooked, rubbery lobster tail and poorly cooked filet. We were so disappointed that a place on the beach, known for seafood, could not cook the lobster correctly. It was probably the most overcooked lobster I've ever had. We were sad that the main entree, for both my partner and I, were poorly executed. I have greater expectations when I'm paying almost $50 for an entree.

While it was a beautiful location, we won't return because the quality of the food was worse that Red Lobster.

• Visited July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at Salacia. Your comments are graciously appreciated as they assist us in making improvements to our restaurant. I am glad to learn that the ambiance, service and part of the food were up to our standards. We pride ourselves as being The Best Restaurant in Hampton Roads and it is disappointing to learn that we didn’t deliver on the main course. I wish that we could fix the issue right then and provide you with the experience that you deserve. Please accept my sincere apologies. I hope you will give us another chance next time you visit Virginia Beach.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Ambiance for Romance”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This restaurant is very small but it sets the mood for romance. It is lowly lit with candle light. The food is very good as well. The chop salad is very good! The lamb chop was excellent as well!

1 Thank russwife
Thank you for your business. Please, come and see us again.

Buffalo, Wyoming
“Fine dining”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The food was absolutely perfect. You pay for the atmosphere and service, but it was worth it once. The wine list is the best in town. Dress for this place, but it will be worth it.

Visited July 2013
Nikolay D, General Manager at Salacia Prime Seafood and Steaks Restaurant, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for your business and taking the time to review us. We are looking forward your next visit.

Middleton, Massachusetts
“Top notch”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I dine out quite a bit and living in the Boston area we are very lucky to have many top restaurants. Well, Salacia out-did Morton's and Smith and Wollensky!

Complimentary asparagus bisque from the chef was amazing. We each got filet mignon. Perfectly cooked and I think the most tender and tasty I've ever had. Sides of red mashed potato and grilled asparagus were delightful and more than enough split by us.

Since everything was so great we just had to try dessert and shared the home made bread pudding with vanilla ice cream. It was heavenly.

For a special night, fine dining experience and excellent food and service you will not be disappointed.

Visited July 2013
I am happy to hear that you had great time with us and loved everything. It was a pleasure having you under our roof. Thank you for the business and the nice review.

Cheers,