“A good place for a birthday”

Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 1,559 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Visited to celebrate a 21st birthday A good choice

There is a real buzz about the place. Friendly staff. And, if you like your beer, they offer a tasing menu of their 6 brews (served in large shot glasses.)

A good bistro type menu.

My two complaints (but this is true of so many American restaurants) plates are cleared away while others in the party are still eating. And there is not a long enough gap between courses. We pretty much received our main courses staright after our starters. I know the place was busy but not so busy as to justify turning us around in just over an hour. It is for this reason I've marked the place down on service.

1  Thank BennyDiction

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Long wait at PF Changs, so we got in here with 5 people, no wait.

Food was pretty good, service was fine, and beer brewed in house was great!

Ask your hotel desk if they have any coupons. You might luck out.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Really a great place to hang out, watch a game and have a good beer. The things we ordered were standard bar food with a twist - the crab/lobster cake was outstanding, my wings were good - & plentiful! - and the fried artichoke hearts were fun, if a bit bland.

But this is the place chill in Town Center - the staff are friendly, the music is just loud enough and it's great for families and for buddies having a beer. I come here every time I'm in VA Beach and I'm never disappointed.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Went with my family after church and the burgers were out of this world great! Wasn't too crowded and our waitress was great!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Came on a Saturday nite with a large reunion group. Nice place, well- lit, really sweet young wait staff. Great if you are a beer afficionado. Hungry!, couldn't wait for the food to come....and wow! Everything was so heavily salted! Appetizer and the salmon were tasty but after a few bites I think my tongue started to swell...and I don't have a sodium issue. Left most of it on the plate.. Was this a bad nite or were they trying to sell more beer? We were a large group and dinner ran close to $60 pp...much too high. To be fair, Many of our group enjoyed the place, but I'd pass it up.

1  Thank T R