Cerca Del Mar
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$266
ComfortSuites
$404
$311
Country Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$121
$309
GardenInn.com
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$329
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)
$433
$295
$374
$363
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
$378
$349
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$250
$240
Travelocity
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
$335
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I basically lived in the Cerca Del Mar for 2 months as I worked locally in VB for the summer, and it was a very accommodating and fun place to stay. The lively atmosphere, friendly staff (who were always around 24/7) and close proximity to the beach/local and familiar eateries helped make my summer. The pool cools off on the hot days and is a better option on the overcast days.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Joe-G-in-VB
Reviewed September 18, 2012

While some conditions were in need of improvement (such as a water leak and dryer issue), the staff are VERY hospitable (and the dryer was replaced by the end of our stay). Whether desk, housekeeping, or maintenance, everyone who works at the Cerca would greet you and ask how you were that day.

They are also welcoming and accommodating. I stayed with 60+ friends on a Cru Summer Project for the summer here, and their assistance allowed for smooth move-ins and departures. The parking spaces are convenient, and the pool is inviting after getting off of work.

I agree with a previous comment that the rooms could hold six if needed: we tested this true when visiting neighbors and preparing dinners with them. Despite room issues (such as our electronic door keys not working once), the staff yet again more than made up for it in service. Dennis from maintenance even went out of his way to fix the smoke detector when he came for the door upon noticing the need (and this was after a day of replacing door batteries).

Whether it was Dennis, Ruby from housekeeping, Jim, or anyone else who worked there, they are all people whom would give me reason to revisit if I were ever in the area!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank William C
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was in VA Beach this summer and loved staying at the Cerca! The staff was all so very friendly and if there was any small problem they were happy to help! It was a very family friendly place with a great location! It is a great value and the pool is wonderful on those hot summer days. I would definitely stay here again and recommend that you do too!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank JackieG324
Reviewed September 15, 2012

First of all, We chose this place because it was less expensive without realizing that if there was a problem we could get a refund. Well we couldn't so that stunk. The room we got had the couch that pulls out into a bed in the main area and by the time you sat on it for a while it pretty much sunk in. The pool water was green and cloudy so we wouldn't have gotten in it either. The internet did not work at all for our laptop and barely worked for the iphone. Then when we thought things would be settled down the people put in the room next to us were loud and unruly. I know its the beach but some people like off of the boardwalk for a reason, quiet. I am all about supporting the local business but when I told other people in the area about our stay they said the same thing that their friends had a bad experience. Do yourself a favor and spend the difference to stay on the main strip. Won't be going back to this place again that's for sure

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jim M
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Me and my family stayed here October 2011 its very nice cheap and not far from beach great service pool great but I'm staying here every year when I come down I totally loved the hotel it was great staff was very professional and polite better then some I stayed at before definitely has hotels beat where I'm from

• Stayed: October 2011