“I'm staying in a few days again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cerca Del Mar

Cerca Del Mar
Ranked #94 of 111 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“I'm staying in a few days again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Me and my family stayed here October 2011 its very nice cheap and not far from beach great service pool great but I'm staying here every year when I come down I totally loved the hotel it was great staff was very professional and polite better then some I stayed at before definitely has hotels beat where I'm from

• Stayed October 2011

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Richmond, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My boyfriend and I stopped there on our way to the beach to find out the price. For $137 we got two nights in a room that could EASILY fit 6 people. Ok, so the baseboards were dusty, there was an open bottle of water in the fridge and some residual food in the sink's drain plug thingy. But, the sheets were clean, the floor was vacuumed, the air conditioning worked AMAZINGLY well, we had plenty of towels and toilet paper and were very close to the beach. The pool was perfectly fine, but cold (since it barely got to be 80 degrees while we were there), and the elevator was a bit rickety, but I had absolutely no problem with the motel. For less than $70 a night, two blocks from the beach, the last week of August, I think we really lucked out. Also, after checking out, we asked if we could stay parked in the lot while we went to the beach for the rest of the afternoon...the lady was so nice she didn't even let us finish the question before she was saying "That's absolutely no problem! Have Fun!" Pretty great hotel for a first vacation for a couple.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Crystal M
MotelManagement, Owner at Cerca Del Mar, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Hello Crystal,

Thank you for your great review! We are glad to hear you had a wonderful time and apologize the room was not as clean as it is should be. We hope you will choose Cerca Del Mar for your next vacation in Virginia Beach and should you have any issues then, please don't hesitate to bring them to our attention. We want to make sure you have a pleasant stay!

Cerca Del Mar Management
Williamson, West Virginia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

deffenently is an older motel & it shows, but for the most part it was clean, frig was clean sheets were clean, ext... housekeeping was nice & cleaned everyday, you get what you pay for $89 a night ..only problems my family had was towels were dirty & stainded, check-in was at 2 and didnt check-in til 3, lady keep saying room wasnt ready, she seem to not know what she was doing because a man came in and went to see what was taking so long and came back and said the room had been ready for hours & she just didnt see the key! & also ALOT of mexicans stayed here ( not racist) just didnt feel very confortable having them sit outside our door all hours of the night!! rooms accommodate 6 people and looked like some rooms had up to 12 in them!!

Travelers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

burke va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed here July 9th 2012 for just one night, was looking for something close to the beach and something that fit our budget. We found Cerca del Mar. It was just a one day trip for us, so tried to cram alot of beach in one day, got there at 430 in the morning after a long drive. I stopped at hotel and asked if I wouold be able to park my car there and come back at check in time later- they were very accomodating. Stayed and played on the beach as long as we could trying to pass time before check in @ hotel- which is 2pm. By 11 we would pretty beached out already-shortly after we received a call from the hotel syaing we could come on over and check in any time we were ready- we didnt have to wait for the usual 2pm check in. We were so grateful for that- as the sun was getting the best of us. Check in was easy, front desk had friendly smiles. We had a room on street level next to pool. Upon opening the door we were suprised to see a large and very clean living room/ kitchenette, we walked through to bathroom and bedroom to inspect and I was very happy with what we saw. Though outdated it was clean, checked beds- everything looked great. We were 2-3 blocks from beach, - can walk to 7/11, Mc Donalds and anything you could thing of, location was terrific, and simple to get to from highway. Wish they had tv in bedroom but we survived without one for the night. Pool was clean and someone maintaining it the whole time. The only downside for me was they dont offer any type of breakfast, no danish, waffles eggs etc etc... just coffee. I would go back again for sure, like everyone else says- its not the Hilton, but we found it clean and accomodating and close to everything. Thank you Cerca Del Mar!

2 Thank mamatrose
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I love their slogan: "If you don't like something, tell us. If you do like something, tell a friend.

The owners are great people. They live on site and are available 24/7 to fix anything that's wrong. They are positive, uplifting folks.

It's a safe, family-friendly environment. The pool was clean and perfect every day.

Despite some of these other reviews, our room was just fine--everything was clean and in working order.

A great value: factoring in location, cost, and quality.

I'll happily come back and stay here again every summer.

Scott...

Room Tip: there was no n/a for fitness center or restaurant. But lots of great restaurants within walking dist...
4 Thank Scott S
Spring City, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last summer with my sister, friend and kids. We had a few issues with the place. The floor was dirty, towels were pretty gross. (I had my own with me thank god). The bed was pretty comfy, didn't have any bedbugs. The fridge and freezer were small and weren't the greatest and the whole place definitely is a bit run down. The elevator was scary and the washers and dryers sucked. The people who were working there were very friendly and the pool was nice. It wasn't far from the beach and the price was decent. We didn't spend all that much time in the room so we weren't that bothered by it. I more than likely would return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Cindy H
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We booked a room two weeks ahead which was deluxe suite got there room was nasty bed sheets were not changed oven still had food on pan refrigerator wasn't working keeping things cool the air conditioning was so loud in room. Couch was very nasty nasty. Bathroom was nasty. Didn't want room service they still came in when we were in bed. Not cool I will NEVER NEVER stay there again

• Stayed June 2012