WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #97 of 108 Hotels in Virginia Beach
burke va
“Beach on a budget”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed here July 9th 2012 for just one night, was looking for something close to the beach and something that fit our budget. We found Cerca del Mar. It was just a one day trip for us, so tried to cram alot of beach in one day, got there at 430 in the morning after a long drive. I stopped at hotel and asked if I wouold be able to park my car there and come back at check in time later- they were very accomodating. Stayed and played on the beach as long as we could trying to pass time before check in @ hotel- which is 2pm. By 11 we would pretty beached out already-shortly after we received a call from the hotel syaing we could come on over and check in any time we were ready- we didnt have to wait for the usual 2pm check in. We were so grateful for that- as the sun was getting the best of us. Check in was easy, front desk had friendly smiles. We had a room on street level next to pool. Upon opening the door we were suprised to see a large and very clean living room/ kitchenette, we walked through to bathroom and bedroom to inspect and I was very happy with what we saw. Though outdated it was clean, checked beds- everything looked great. We were 2-3 blocks from beach, - can walk to 7/11, Mc Donalds and anything you could thing of, location was terrific, and simple to get to from highway. Wish they had tv in bedroom but we survived without one for the night. Pool was clean and someone maintaining it the whole time. The only downside for me was they dont offer any type of breakfast, no danish, waffles eggs etc etc... just coffee. I would go back again for sure, like everyone else says- its not the Hilton, but we found it clean and accomodating and close to everything. Thank you Cerca Del Mar!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mamatrose

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

I love their slogan: "If you don't like something, tell us. If you do like something, tell a friend.

The owners are great people. They live on site and are available 24/7 to fix anything that's wrong. They are positive, uplifting folks.

It's a safe, family-friendly environment. The pool was clean and perfect every day.

Despite some of these other reviews, our room was just fine--everything was clean and in working order.

A great value: factoring in location, cost, and quality.

I'll happily come back and stay here again every summer.

Scott...

Room Tip: there was no n/a for fitness center or restaurant. But lots of great restaurants within walking dist...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Scott S
Spring City, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last summer with my sister, friend and kids. We had a few issues with the place. The floor was dirty, towels were pretty gross. (I had my own with me thank god). The bed was pretty comfy, didn't have any bedbugs. The fridge and freezer were small and weren't the greatest and the whole place definitely is a bit run down. The elevator was scary and the washers and dryers sucked. The people who were working there were very friendly and the pool was nice. It wasn't far from the beach and the price was decent. We didn't spend all that much time in the room so we weren't that bothered by it. I more than likely would return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Cindy H
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

We booked a room two weeks ahead which was deluxe suite got there room was nasty bed sheets were not changed oven still had food on pan refrigerator wasn't working keeping things cool the air conditioning was so loud in room. Couch was very nasty nasty. Bathroom was nasty. Didn't want room service they still came in when we were in bed. Not cool I will NEVER NEVER stay there again

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank blowery

Travelers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

Janesville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stayed there this memorial day weekend and were pleased with the overall experience. We did not want to spend a lot for 2 days @ the beach and got a pretty good room at a pretty good price. We Liked the fact that the room was quite large for us and 3 kids. The kids loved the pool, but walk to the beach was only a few minutes. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kristina K
Morgantown, West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

The room I was in has beds and a couch that are worth mentioning, but barely. The hotel had a pool. Those are the only things that were borderline ok/acceptable.

The disappointments are much more numerous. The A/C didn't go lower than a horrible 77°F. The freezer took 2 days to freeze food, and ice from the hotels machine managed to melt in it. They marketed the room as "Deluxe" but didn't it didn't have any cooking pots/pans/utensils, even though there was an oven/stove. No coffee maker, no alarm clock, getting lights to work were hit and miss, breaker frequently kicked turning off power in half the room and the pathetic A/C. The carpet managed to turn the soles of out feet/socks black as coal. The doors on the empty kitchen cabinets doors hit sprinkler heads when opened, which is a disaster in waiting. They advertised having WiFi, but the only place to get a decent signal was ON the check-in counter, in an entirely different building. Signal in the rooms was constantly disconnecting, and took 5-10 mins to load the Yahoo homepage. The elevator felt like a medieval death trap, it was the most rickety elevator I've ever seen, and I cant believe it passes inspection. Laundry facilities were sub-par. Dryer frequently malfunctioned and stopped spinning, which required me to unplug it and wait 2 minutes to reset it. Dryer vented back into room, where the dryer sucked back in the steam filled air and made the whole setup pointless.

Would only recommend this hotel if you were strapped on funds, and was not planning on taking a family, just friends. The price of the hotel was fairly cheap. But, as I learned, you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Don't expect much out of a
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank DongJohnson8
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2011

I stayed there with my spouse, kids and mother-in-law. The room was clean, didn't find any bugs. For the price that we pay it was great!!! The cleaning lady and the people at the front desk were very nice. I was a little worried after I read some of the reviews. But I was surprise that is not like that. My stay was very pleasant, and I am an extremely picky person. Lets be realistic! Don't expect a 5 start hotel, but it was clean, no bed bugs, perfect price and plenty of space. We will stay again in the summer :D

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family