“In desperate need of intervention!”
Review of Beach Pub

Beach Pub
Ranked #129 of 1,431 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Chesapeake, Virginia
“In desperate need of intervention!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Being a strong supporter of local business, I was very proud to see this place on the Food Network show "Diners, Dives and Drive Thrus" where it was praised for good atmosphere, friendliness of the staff, and good food. So - I've drived 14 miles tonight to check it out, anticipating an excellent seafood dinner. I got a bad feeling from the start while trying to find an awkwardly located entrance, telling to my family that it looks more like a place for "Restaurant Impossible". Should have trusted my guts, but came inside anyway. The place is a dump. i was surprised to see a full house, but proceeded with our orders anyway. Ordered tuna, fish and chips for my son, and well-done steak with scallops, choosing potato salad and coleslaw as the sides. After about 15 min. food arrived. You know this feeling when your steaming plates arrive, and you are salivating in advance... well, forget it! Tuna was bland - no seasoning at all, coleslaw looked and tasted like a cabbage salad - not crunchy, cabbage sliced into wide chunks, potato salad was more like mashed potato with relish. The worst tasted were my steak and scallops. Steak was almost cold and horribly dry! Not a speck of seasoning, not steaming and oozing with juices (praises are to Outback!), fried scallops were still raw - not flaky like it has to be. When I've complained to the waitress about the steak - she started to... defend the steak, saying that this is what I should expect from well done steak (like I am a dummy who never ate steaks before!). Which is what I've replied - "I always order well done, but never ate anything like this!". Drafts are cheap, though - 1.25 a glass, and fish and chips were good enough. I am truly ashamed and astonished about the nature of a national fame, that this "place" (hard to call it even a "diner" ) have had gained. One of the worst places I've ever being!

• Visited May 2013

Virginia, USA
“Great Place for Hot Lunch too.”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I've visited several times recently. I usually get the flounder or rockfish blueplates, which are cheap and very good. Sometimes, the repetitive side dishes get boring, but the occasional local fresh vegetable shows up as a special from time to time. And if you get a bar seat, you can take advantage of cheap mixed drinks at lunch time. The Beach Pub is a real retro road house, and the staff are always prompt and helpful. Its a great choice when you need a super casual place to drop in.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great place to have breakfast”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We love the Beach Pub for breakfast. Always busy there with locals. Clam fritters are good.
Husband loved Crab Benedict.

“Great!!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

We went here because of it being showing on guy fieri's show, it was great very very friendly staff and food was excellent, got so full had to take it with us, def get your money's worth, easy on ur wallet to!! Def go back in future :)

“best breakfest in town”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Ive been going here since they opened this location. The breakfest is still the best in town, great food, great price and really good! Lisa was our waitress and was an absolute sweetheart.

Visited February 2013