“Good Food For The Price”
Review of Giovanni's Pizza

Giovanni's Pizza
Ranked #91 of 1,559 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Great place to stop for some Italian food. The service was good and quick. Waitress, I think her name was Linda, made sure our table was checked on.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Food is not good and it's way over priced. The bread and service is the only decent thing. If ur looking for store bought, bland food then look no further. A kids meal is $8!!!! Come on now! Even the Italian food is bad and not homemade. My advice- look somewhere else.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I were in Va Beach and looking for a place to have dinner around 9 pm. Giovanni's was the only one we found and the menu outside looked appetizing so we decided to try it.

The restaurant is a little cramped but there were not to many people at the time so it was alright.

The waitress was polite and took our drink order. We each ordered an ice tea and specified no lemon. My wife also asked for a glass of water and also specified no lemon in that. The waitress brought the drinks with lemons in every glass.

My wife ordered a caprese salad and I ordered the classic lasagna.

Having been to Italy and eating some terrific lasagna there, I was looking forward to a similar experience as everyone working at this restaurant were Italian judging by the accents.

The menu described the lasagna as "Hand-made layers of pasta, stuffed with ricotta and parmesan cheese, seasoned ground beef, and fresh marinara sauce". The cheeses were fine. The meat however was questionable. It actually appeared to have the consistency of canned corned beef and was barely seasoned.

My wife says her salad was not very flavorful had an off taste as if the ingredients were old.

The restaurant was so short staffed that the they had to close the bar because their only bartender was waiting tables. Even then we had to constantly be on the lookout for our waitress when we wanted a beverage refill as she was not very proactive at it.

This place is nothing to write home about. The food is bland, the service is mediocre and definitely not worth the 18% gratuity that's tacked on to every bill regardless of the number in your party.

I gave it 2 stars just for the late dinner hours they keep. If you have transportation, I recommend you find somewhere else to eat.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Friends recommended from their earlier trip. Had spaghetti and meat balls. My wife had fettuccine Alfredo . Good service and good food. We would go back

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Wow! This is one of the worst restaurants I've ever eaten at. The place was deserted except for a fellow couple who fell victim like we did being tourists. You find out you WILL be charged an automatic 18% tip on your bill regardless if you are one person or any group dumb enough to venture in. My wife ordered a personal pizza with peppers and onions. She got a microwaved dough Frisbee with cold vegetables and barely any sauce or cheese. I ordered a cheese steak sub with fries. The gristle they called meat wasn't even good as Steakums. The cheese was not "real dairy", more like melted rubber. The fries were the sorriest excuse for potatoes ever, They were frozen ones so greasy you could see thru them, soggy and fell apart trying to pick them up. We would have sent them back but from the looks of the staff we just wanted to get out of there. Guess what it cost, with two sodas, taxes (city & state) and TIP? $34! The receipt had the nerve to have the line added "extra tip" - LMAO!