Knights Inn and Suites Virginia Beach VA
Ranked #99 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Rooms were filthy, dirty socks found under bed from previous client. Breakfast included was pre-packaged pasteries, cold coffee and OJ, hardly a breakfast compared to other chains. Staff was only interested un collecting money, not improving one's stay.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Jstruzins
There are newer reviews for Knights Inn and Suites Virginia Beach VA

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Because we visited Virginia beach mid July, the rates on all hotels were extreamly high, even the not-so-nice hotles. I found Knights Inn on line, and the pictures looked alright, the reviews were pretty good, our room was still a little pricey, but it seemed like a good shot. First we arrived early morning and tried to check in our reservation, we were told we could not until 3:00. We had just driven 8 hours, and had to find something to do for another 6 until theyd let us in. Once we got in our room, we were greeted by a GIANT cockroach. I went to the office to make a complaint, they the man told me i had to wait for the manager to be in the next day. The next day we woke up to go to the beach and in our cooler was an even bigger GIANT cockroach. Then it rained that day, the roof leaked into my luggage, fond another cockroach in the bathroom, and all the while trying to get a hold of the "manager" And the day before our last, i had clothes drying on the railing- like everyone else- no more then an hour and my $40 athletic pant were stolen. i asked them to please check the cameras, and he honestly just said "thats a lot of work, i dont feel like it" When i finally got to speak to the manager on our check out day, he scauffed at my problems, told me they were "water bugs" and laughed. I said no sir, i've stayed in crap hotels before, i know what a cockroach is; i cant wait to write you a review. hope this changes someone decision. - the only people who even tried to make my stay better, was the cleaning staff. they hardly speak english, and were more apt to help me with my issues.

Room Tip: On Vacation season, every hotel will be more expensive, and overbooked. make reservations early, and...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
Reviewed July 8, 2012

On a spur of the moment, unplanned, one-night stay at the beach; we weren't sure where we would spend the night. We chose from a rest stop brochure what we thought was a decent hotel with a roof top pool. That was a big mistake! The hotel didn't look anything like what was in the brochure. After that, we were apprehensive of our next choice, Knights Inn. But as soon as we walked into the lobby, we were greeted by the friendly owner and was really impressed. Even though they didn't have a pool, our room was clean and comfortable and we were only a block away from the beach. We only stayed one night but we had a great time. We'll be staying at Knights Inn for our next vacation.

1  Thank Angel H
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I was very happy with this hotel. It was very clean. The location was awesome, very close to the beach and right in the middle of all the activities. The price was the best part . It was very affordable. The continental breakfast could have been better but that was the only thing
that could have been better. I will go back to this hotel!

1  Thank ywatson
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We were a little apprehensive to book a room after reading the reviews but decided to book anyway. We are glad we did ! The service personnel were friendly and helpful. The room was cleaned every day. We always had clean, fresh towels.The rooms weren't spotless or sterile by any means, but we've stayed in higher priced hotels on the oceanfront that were no cleaner. These rooms were suites which made it extra nice. Everything worked as it was supposed to and I especially liked the water pressure in the shower, something that wasn't that great in the higher priced hotels. All said, we loved it here and will definitely book here from now on. Come on, you're 100 yards from the beach, and you're paying $30.00 to $50.00 less a night. I have other things I can spend that money on while at the beach! Give this place a try... You won't stay anywhere else any better for the money...Including the higher priced oceanfront hotels !
T. Bartley and family from Shenandoah Valley , Va.

Room Tip: Stay on the ground floor. Easier access in and out. The only negative thing was that parking was tig...
1  Thank Terry B
Reviewed June 21, 2012

my stay was great, the staff was friendly and helpful. rooms were larger than most tv in living room, and bedroom. worth it....

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank david w
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This by far was the worst hotel we have every stayed in. First off...the smell was terrible. Yes, I did request a smoking room but the odor that came from the room was something completely different...disgusting. And as for the smoking room...I didn't even smoke in the room since ashtrays were not supplied and I figured we had been put in a non smoking room. Next our toilet did not work. Gentleman came to plunge and simple said "use less paper". Now I know my kids and wasting toilet paper is not done at home and is not done anywhere else...so that is a bunch of bunk. TV in bedroom did not work at all. Bathroom floor was filthy. And last...the huge bug...and I am not kidding when I say HUGE...in our room. I caught the sucker with a paper plate and the room's garbage can and took it down to the office. Night office guy said he has a bunch at his house...well buddy...I am glad I don't live with you!!! Gross. Needless to say we never even slept there. We checked out right away and went to another hotel...with no odor, toilet works and NO BUGS. I know everyone loves the location of this place...but frankly for the $30 I spent more a night at the other place and they have free shuttle to the beach...the Knights Inn is a joke. I didn't expect much for the price but come on...this was absolutely terrible.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple