Cutty Sark Efficiency Motel
$190
Country Inn
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$172
$167
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
$245
$205
  • Pool
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$241
$215
  • Beachfront
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$193
$161
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$348
$235
$219
$209
$214
Comfort Inn & Suites(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$181
$114
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$187
$156
Cancelon
All reviewsacross the streetatlantic avenuethe north endsummer vacationbeach accessenjoyed my staybalconyboardwalkappliancesproximitycloset
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Not at all what I expected. The bathroom was extremely small with only a sink, toilet and tub .... And no working electric outlet. In fact the entire room was lacking adequate electrical outlets. The room didn't have a clock or phone, and the television was too small for the size of the room. Also the lobby was only opened 9:00am to 9:00pm, which could be a problem since we had a long drive ahead of us and we needed to leave around 8:30am.

On a positive note, the room was very clean and the staff was professional and pleasant. Parking was ok.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ladybmp
MsJAKoch, Innkeeper at Cutty Sark Efficiency Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Sorry, you did not find the electric outlet on the medicine cabinet, wish you had asked.
Also, we find our guest leave at all times night or day and since their account is cleared in advance, their is no need to come thru the lobby. They just leave their key in their room. Even the large new Hotels are now making it possible for guest to depart easily without checking with the front desk. This saves a lot of time for the guest.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

A hidden Gem, just as in the 70's when I traved here with MY family. Loved sharing it with my kids. They loved being able to have breakfast and lunch in our room and not spend time finding a restaurant. Beach right across the street. Not crowded at all. Life guard on duty at entrance to Beach.

Room Tip: Most room have balcony with view of Ocean...only two do not
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Karim C
MsJAKoch, Innkeeper at Cutty Sark Efficiency Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

We hope you don't wait so long between visits. It was good to catch up on your family..regards

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This an older building, no doubt, very clean, very basic....this is reflected in the room rate. If you need granite counters, room service and an elevator to travel three flights.....I suggest you keep looking and that creates more availability for smart travelers like me.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JKL D

You are my very favorite...Do come "Again" soon..Kindest regards...

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed at Cutty Sark for first time and what a horrible experience. Now I'm not used to staying at the Hilton or any of those super expensive places but this place is a NO WAY. First look, the room was dirty; hair on the floor, in the sink and couch. There was hair on the towels and washcloths, not to mention they had staines EVERYDAY even though we got new ones daily. My child shouted "ewwww mommy, this towel has blood stains on it". That was the final straw for me. House keeping bursted in our room 3 times even though we DID NOT have the cleaning sign out yet. We always put the sign up once we left, yet they still bursted in for towels. The microwave didn't work and we had no clue how to work the 1950 stove. What a mess. I'd never stay here ever again. Parking was a joke. There were maybe 9 parking spaces, 3 of which are across the street in an alley. I mean I expected so much more from this place. Please spend the extra $15 for something better. It was so dirty I made my family wear shoes while in the unit. Sad but true. The only 2 positive things is the location and the nice front desk staff. Overall my family and I had a nice vacation because we stayed out of the room as much ad possible!! Good luck and shop on!! I'd recommend the Royal Clipper, it's a block away!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Mrs S

We are glad you liked our location to the Boardwalk and Beach just across the street. I apologize if your accommodations were not clean. Our staff works very hard to keep our vintage building clean and pleasant for our guest. I hope you will give us another try. We can do better.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed for a full week in the studio cottage. The place is just like walking into the 1950's, but very clean and welcoming. It's definitely not modern, but that's one of the best things about it. We loved everything about it. It was more than enough room for two people. You walk out the front door and the beach is right across the street, there is also a small pool that you have access to if you don't want to go to the beach. The room had great air conditioning, full kitchen, cable TV, a small front patio, and free Wi-Fi. The people that own and run this place are great. They go out of there way to make sure you are having a good stay. We will definitely be planning our trip to come back next year. This is truly Virginia Beaches best kept secret, we would never stay any place else

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank PuzzleandPiece

Thank you for your kindest...I remember you...I showed you to your Studio. I hope all is well with you. Come again soon