“Five Stars in Virginia Beach”

Terrapin Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 1,459 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 32nd Street & Holly Road
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Outstanding food at fair prices and opportunity for small portions. Excellent, relaxing service and pleasant surroundings. Locally sourced food, fresh and natural flavors.

bdw10868, Owner at Terrapin Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

We are happy you had a great time and enjoyed some of our "small" plates. We feel it can be a great way to try several of Chef Rodney's dishes. We hope you can join us again soon!

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of celebrating my 16th wedding anniversary last night. I couldn't think of one thing that Chef Rodney and his team could have done better.

We ordered all of the 2 course appetizers on the menu, as well as oysters on the 1/2 shell. When the oysters arrived, I was wondering where the sauces were. There was a light lemon infused sauce that was amazing. Pork belly, risotto, and truffle mac and cheese were off the chart fantastic.

I am local multi-concept restaurant operator, and hard to impress. I was blown away.

Chef Rodney's commitment to the featuring local ingredients and the "Farm to Table" concept make this restaurant a real gem.

Thank you for taking the time in your busy schedule to write a review. It was great to see you both and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Cheers,
Brian Williams

Reviewed March 6, 2014

My husband and I dined here on a weeknight, the food and service were excellent! We tried the mixed salad, truffle mac and cheese, fettuccini, scallops and the crème caramel. Every bite was delicious. The best meal in Virginia Beach by far! The atmosphere was unique and comfortable. Would definitely return to this restaurant and would highly recommend, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

My wife and I dined here recently and it was fabulous. Great food and service. The bar tender is a mixologist who specializes in unique drinks. My wife loved her blood orange margarita. Her beet salad was so so good I even tried a few bites and I do not even like beets. My mushroom stack appetizer and short rib entree were beautifully presented and very tasty. We shared a banana pudding for dessert and supped our perfectly brewed cappuccino. A bit noisy and corkage fee of $30 a bit steep. But who,cares when you have a terrific experience.

bdw10868, General Manager at Terrapin Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

A fine dining atmosphere with excellent service. The chef sources his food as much as possible from local providers. Innovative wine service and list. Superb blue cheese olives in my martini. Some may think it pricey by VA Beach standards but we feel the food, drinks and service are worth it.
SS