“Great selection of food”

Captain George's Seafood VB
Ranked #16 of 1,435 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Greek, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Baltimore
“Great selection of food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our biggest disappointment in the eating-out department was the price we paid for a seafood dinner buffet at Captain George's -- we didn't even get to take leftovers home: $31.00 per person!! They had a wonderful selection of food but how much can a person eat? Including one beer plus a hefty "automatic" tip, the meal totaled $85.00 -- holy cow !! Luckily, we received two $30 gift cards for attending a sales presentation earlier in the week.

Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Virginia Beach
“Crab legs!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Lots of options. Great place if you love seafood and even things for those that do not. It can take awhile to get in but once you are in, the service and food is great.

Visited April 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Typical seafood buffet. Great for feeding a family.”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

They focus on quantity, not quality. Wonderful if you have kids to feed. You can find better quality elsewhere.

Visited March 2013
Virginia
“The best seafood around.”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband and I have been going to Capt. George's Restaurant for years now. And each time we have gone we have never been disappointed. The food is always fresh and delicious. They have such a variety of salads, main dishes, seafood and desserts. It's a little price, but I felt you got your moneys worth. And hey, it's not like you eat out like this all the time. You're worth it! For a nice evening, try Capt. George's.

Visited March 2013
Bethesda, Maryland
“Good crab legs”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I had lunch with my husband and two children on a reduced-price Sunday. Children did not eat enough to warrant the price but the adults did. My three favorite items: crab legs, baklava and banana cream pie. The crab legs were meaty and more importantly, NOT salty! The steamed shrimp were also good and the fried scallops were surprisingly good. I usually do not like fried seafood because of the heavy breading but these scallops were juicy and lightly breaded. The desserts were so good. I don't like extremely sweet desserts and their desserts were perfect for me. I wished I have room for two more pieces of baklava. Oh well, we're going back to VA Beach in August and I'll have another chance at the baklava.

• Visited March 2013