“Only Good Things To Say”

Captain George's Seafood VB
Ranked #43 of 1,555 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Greek, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We dined here on Valentine's Day, and arrived around 7pm. The parking lot was packed, and there was a line out to the door of the restaurant, however, we only waited a matter of 10 minutes perhaps, and we were seated. They added a nice touch of handing a rose to each female dining there that night. The employees were all very friendly, service was great, and the food was incredible. The crab legs are the highlight of the buffet as far as we were concerned, but there is a wide selection of seafood and side dishes, that were also very delectable. We will definitely be going back next time we are out that way.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,744)

Reviewed February 26, 2013

But, to give them credit, we didn't arrive for dinner until after 9:00 p.m. and they close at 10 p.m. The selection was a little light and they certainly weren't replenishing (and some things definitely needed replacing). While we were certainly there later, it's not like we were the only ones, it was still somewhat busy. But, the food was certainly good and the service was EXCELLENT! One of the better seafood buffets I've been to and I would go again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I grew up near VA Beach and loved taking my dates to Captain Georges for special occasions. Thirty years later I go with my father every time I fly in for a visit. The crab legs are awesome and the service is always great too. This is my favorite restaurant, period.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

It was our first time and will not be the last. Worth the wait! We finally got our plates and was getting our food. We noticed a tall exotic lady,well put together putting food into the buffet. She was very sweet an polite. She smiled a lot and made us feel welcome. She made us all feel like family. We asked her questions about the food and she was right on target! We spoke for a moment she excused herself politely to bring us more food from the kitchen. As fast as she left she was back. Yum! Fresh broccoli as she promised. We we teasing her how did she do that so fast. "She said her kitchen crew is the best. They see that she need more brocoli for the guest and all she had to do was pick it up." I believe her name was Marie. I wish they would clone more people like her. We are definitely coming back because of our wonderful experience starting at the buffet line. Great food and awesome customer service. I highly recommend this place. Come meet Marie for yourself. She will make you feel like a million bucks. ;)

Reviewed February 9, 2013

It is set up as a buffet, but the seafood is outrageously good. There are other dishes for the non seafood folks as well. Fairly priced and an all aroud great dining experience.